Stokes Wet Suits

RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 236 Baller
Interested in getting a Stokes 3/4 leg wet suit. They list the Superflex Slalom and also the Superflex Pro - $100 more. Any comments on one vs the other would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,143 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,031 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 19
    Love my stokes stuff. Runs small go one size larger than usual IMO. I ordered what I thought should be my size first time and it fit my daughter, not me.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Mick04Mick04 Posts: 34 Baller
    I think the Superflex Slalom is the old version only limited sizes available. Superflex Pro is the current version. I ended up getting the Superflex Pro this spring.
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 236 Baller
    @Mick04 thanks; I was thinking that was the case; how was it size wise - I'm 5'11" 160 lb ave build; thinking medium based on their chart
  • TELTEL Posts: 279 Solid Baller
    Are we talking wet suits in late June?
    @tel lol I knew that was coming! I am a big fan of neoprene and like to ski nice & warm. You need to find me a hot tub to ski in if you want to see me in trunks - just my old man personal preference.
    BG1gsm_peter
  • Mick04Mick04 Posts: 34 Baller
    For me, their size chart was accurate. I’m 6’3”, 225 so on the upper side of XL on their chart. First couple uses it was a little snug at shoulders (needed help with zipper) but seems to have conformed to my body now. These are super stretchy, no problem with length, I got the 3/4 leg.
  • TELTEL Posts: 279 Solid Baller
    Bath tub is in Florida. I am with you, when the water is below (hate to say) 67 not even a wet suit will get me in the water. Thankfully that's not long in Orlando
    @Thomasasher Big thanks for the quick reply - will order today and give a BOS review after I break it in! Love new neoprene!!
    Horton
    Oh Boy, suit arrived today - PLUS 5 bonus stickers for my beer fridge :)
    KRoundymfjaegersr
  • ThomasasherThomasasher Posts: 39 Baller
    Fantastic, Suit will keep you nice and toasty when its a little fresh out, can't go wrong with beer fridge stickers. All the best
  • KellyChipmanKellyChipman Posts: 4 New Baller
    @Thomasasher and others, how does the material compare to Camaro? I love that you have the option for a 3/4 leg length that goes just below the knee, something Camaro does not offer. The standard 1/2 leg length that stops above the knee has always let too much water in on the starts from every suit I have ever owned.
    @KellyChipman skied again this morning; for me no significant water up leg on my starts so far. Also, suit dried overnight with a box fan on it.
    KellyChipman
  • ThomasasherThomasasher Posts: 39 Baller
    hey @KellyChipman , we have heard a lot of people be happy with our 3/4 leg option, it definitely stops the water from getting up the legs and also adds that extra bit of warmth around the knees without getting in the way of your bindings. The 3/4 leg is still very easy to ski in because of the flexible material. The all one back piece provides unlimited range of motion. The suit is best used in water temps around the 50-60-70 degree mark. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss the suit a bit, you can call 352-348-0800 or drop an e-mail at [email protected]
    KellyChipman
  • KellyChipmanKellyChipman Posts: 4 New Baller
    Thanks @Thomasasher, a 3/4 leg length makes so much sense for water skiing, my next suit will be a Stokes for sure!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,031 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Just ordered a stokes vest and suit for my daughter...I love mine.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Rednucleus