Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPAD and Trakker

thagerthager Posts: 4,648 Mega Baller
I used an IPAD last summer to record and analyze some runs. Found that it was easy and the subject could be enlarged on the spot with stop/start. Only problem was you needed a third person to do the vid which is not always possible. Anyway, after 2 years my missing Trakker showed up which got me thinking. How do I convert the Trakker for use? Answer was on Evil Pay for about $40.00
The Grafiti Nootle IPAD Tripod Mount and Nootle Pro Panhead fit the bid perfectly with no modification required.
Stir vigorously then leave!
BulldogWish

Comments

• SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited February 2014
    Excellent for instant playback, but aren't you concerned about the potentially high cost of a popped handle? It presents a pretty big target.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,648 Mega Baller
    No, not really. No bigger than my head ,and I use a shock tube. I will have it on a lanyard. It might get pulled off the mount but not out of the boat. Also the screen faces away from the skier so am not worried about a shatter event. Besides, this is an IPAD II and I am due for a new one anyway!
    : )
    bigtallweed
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,334 Mega Baller
    Nice bed spread.
    Shut up and ski
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    That's sweet - open the front window in a 197 or TXi and that thing becomes a sail - keep her closed and should be smooth sailing. Great idea. So that's 1x Trakker, 1xGraffitti Noodle iPad Tripod Mount & 1x Nootle Pro Panhead?
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • WishWish Posts: 7,880 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited February 2014
    My home built is on this thread with a sample video.
    http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/108136
    Shakes no worse but no better then all the others. But it is lower. I like what you've done. That's cool.!! No way to get rid of the shake. From what I've seen the Wakeye seems to have the least but still has it. Doesn't matter though. Load the CoachMyVideo app to the IPad and you will never watch it in full speed anyway. Slowmo=unseen shaking. Can zoom way in using the app. Draw straight lines, boxes, circles and free hand. Do split screen analysis. You'll start feeling like John Madden. Very good app. PS. The app I used in the video clip is not CoachMyVidio and no where near as good.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,648 Mega Baller
    edited February 2014
    @MS What do you expect for a guest bed? Zebras or Kitties? @OB What ever! Can't be any worse than ADHD camera guy. Squirrel!!!! @Texas6 I have a closed bow 196 so no worries there. The two are sold together for $40 but yes 1X and 1X. @Wish Good idea. Thx!!
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    @thager, iPad with video feature? Get out. I'll be back.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,321 Mega Baller
    @Wish Coach's Eye is another app maybe worth looking into. Here's a story about it - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/technology-is-the-gold-standard-at-sochi-olympics-184205736-olympics.html
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 825 Crazy Baller
    I am planning to get a wake eye to use with my iphone 5 but i would be a little concerned with the abuse the jerking rope would do to the ipad even with the shock tube!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • WishWish Posts: 7,880 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    No moving parts for jarring to cause any damage. Google LifeProof case and watch some videos of what guys do to IPhones, iPads and the like. Slack rope slap isn't even a thought after seeing that. All the case does is waterproof it and protect the glass. It's getting the crap jared out of it.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<