Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When you are not slaloming, what other activity are you doing behind your boat?

BulldogBulldog Posts: 983 Solid Baller
edited February 2014 in Other Stuff

When you are not slaloming, what other activity are you doing behind your boat? 84 votes

Barefooting
23%
DWBulldogigkyaWIskierRazorskier1ThePantsManCanbananaronZmanskifanFrankSFatrolltfriessLittleRipperskier41LucasMad_FooterSpuddyBrewskiIan JodaTallBaller12 20 votes
Skiing with the family (Combos or other)
23%
LZywicki1Than_BoganGarncamjamlundbergskirayPat Mjstaab3gregyampacdanMichaelGoodmanRynobdoughertySkiJayDooSPXWaternutGOODESkierPUNKEEpumpinpeteozski 20 votes
Tricking
29%
HortonthagereleeskiDaveDGloersenChef23CamGAJ0004MattPjmvana1jdarwinJody_SealraljayskiSethroTylerRdvskiingandjuleskurtE_T 25 votes
Pulling toys (I don't like to say tubing)
19%
mlangerodaRpc29swc51506ballsJamesWIlivetoskiXR6HurricaneallycatswardcoskihardBill22MISkierrockdogoldjeepJJVDMZN 16 votes
Jumping
3%
dislandHam_Wallacechris_logan 3 votes
Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"

Comments

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 983 Solid Baller
    Barefooting
    I wanted to add some more choices but I can't seem to edit my picks...sorry feel free to add surfing or other fun things.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 186 Solid Baller
    Where does a Sky Ski fit in?
    Ryan Christopher
    Bulldog
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,980 Mega Baller
    Fishin, tubin, swimmin.....
    Bulldog
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    Ony other thing I do is surf and I do it because a) it doesn't take much energy after I've already skied and b) I can drink a beer while doing so.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
    Bulldog
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 252 Baller
    Didn't see tanning in there.
    Bulldoginland
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    Tricking
    Tricking, Jumping, sometimes Wake Skate. I will drive wakeboard, tubing ext
    Bulldog
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    Barefooting
    I would also add tricking to the list but with one group I ski with, barefooting is the priority. My friends and I will do few NAKED barefoot runs granted its early enough in the morning(note this lake has houses all the way around it) Also wakesurfing if we have the right setup,kneeboarding, and wake skating. Oh and my friends and I will usually budy surf behind the boat if water is too rough. We like to get creative and try to ski on different objects.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    Bulldog
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 757 Crazy Baller
    Tricking
    ummm, not a good question for a "only pick one" poll. Especially one that didn't include wakeboarding or wakesurfing. The answer at our cottage is "all of the above".
    Bulldog
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Almost more exciting than running 38........ watching my 2 and 4 year old children ski behind the boat on their ski trainers! I say almost...... but they ski like that more than I have run 38....... Family on the boat at the lake is where it is at, even better if it is on a private lake!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    bdoughertyBulldoginland
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,559
    Yeah family stuff and tricking. My 3 year boy just got up on the trainer and I was so proud of him that I have no shame in admitting I shed a tear... I have now created a bit of a skiing monster.. very cool.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Bulldog
  • allycatallycat Posts: 179 Baller
    by toys my kids do a lot of kneeboarding rarely tubing my youngest ski s on two(need to get him a slalem ski soon he wants one) i enjoy a wakeboard and am thinking of getting a wakeskate after wake surfing the other day for the first time but don t have a boat capable of that.oh the occasional spot of fishing
    Bulldog
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 492 Solid Baller
    My kids have upgraded from the biscuit to trainer to the kneeboard.
    When skiing with the other 'crew' it's slalom then barefoot, nothing else.
    Bulldog
  • bdoughertybdougherty Posts: 86 Baller
    edited February 2014
    Skiing with family and just generally being a lake rat. @GOODESkier I also have a 2 and 4 year old who ski on trainers. What a thrill watching them try and enjoy new things. It is great to share your love of the sport with kids!
    Bulldog
  • chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 354 Solid Baller
    Jumping
    I guess I am of the small crowd where you slalom and jump. Tricking for me is solely for the overall score, evening the playing field for skiers who have opposite talent in slalom and jump. I bet if I had patience (and more time), I would ride a trick ski more in practice.
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?
    MattPBulldog
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    Is wakeboarding and wakesurfing so disgraceful that pulling a tube is more preferred by skiers? I voted ski with family even though I don't have a family because I refuse to vote for pulling toys...aka tubes.
    Bulldog
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,593 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    Tricking
    What is "slaloming"?
    andjulesBulldogMS
  • FatrollFatroll Posts: 215 Solid Baller
    Barefooting
    We have done everything with our boat except jumping and pulling those Demon Spawn inflatables. We will not own a tube. My wife is an avid barefooter, my oldest son (7) skis, and wake/kneeboards, my middle son (5 1/2) kneeboards and rides the skimmer (with skiing and wakeboarding to come this summer) and the youngest (4) will start skimming and kneeboarding (maybe more but we shall see) this summer. They all drag on the boom once my wife is done with her footin runs, and I have exhausted myself in the course.
    When my brother visits, he is the trick skier and I am one of the few people over the age of 15 who still kneeboards. I have found it far less abusive that wakeboarding.
    And like @TylerR we fish, just not from the Nautiques.

Of course, my wife and I taking a booze cruise is high on the list.
    2016 Ski Nautique 200 OB 2016 Radar Vapor 69.5"
    Wish they had a bonus buoy count for increased body fat index
    Bulldog
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Tricking
    I trick a little and I pull my kids and do pull a tube when we have company over. On my lake my kids will slalom, trick, wakeboard and wakeskate. Unless we have company the kids don't tube that much.

We also spend some time floating around and swimming off the boat.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bulldog
  • Jumping
    We slalom, when we aren't slaloming we do other things. Jumping, (tricks are a waste of perfectly good boat gas), fishing while waiting the next set, possibly a little night surfing, after all that, BEER!
    Am I a jumper that wants to be a slalom skier? Or a slalom skier that wants to be a jumper?
    TylerRchris_loganBulldog
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,452 Mega Baller
    Also wakeboard and trick.
    Bulldog
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,078 Mega Baller
    Wakeboarding. I managed to eliminate tubing about 3 years ago when the tube got eaten by mice and I refused to buy another one ;)
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    BulldogFast351
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,014 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    We've pulled pretty much anything we could dig out of the garage or storage shed. The list is far too long, but includes a snow skis and a bobsled. That was before the days of having young, impressionable kids around. Now it's tubes, combos, barefooting, air chair, etc. I will admit I may try the bow cover of the new Prostar, should we find one of those in my brother's garage soon.
    Scott Calderwood
    Bulldog
  • GarnGarn Posts: 443 Crazy Baller
    Hydrofoiling. We always have one with us.
    Bulldog
  • JdubsJdubs Posts: 105 Baller
    cleaning - I wished I spend as much time skiing as I spend cleaning - I would probably be a good skier.
    BulldogBrewski
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 983 Solid Baller
    Barefooting
    Thanks for all the responses.