Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Olympic Charter

HortonHorton Posts: 29,572 Administrator
I stole this from Google

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

MattPBulldogE_TSkoot1123jmvana1

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,051 Mega Baller
    That seems fair.
    Mark Shaffer
  • skihardskihard Posts: 567 Crazy Baller
    Seems fair agreed. But why are countries sending professional atheletes to compete? I believe the Olympics should be for a countries best amatures to compete against one another.
    If you are being paid as a professional in any given sport you should be disqualified from being able to compete.
    Life's about working hard and then having fun on the water!
    I am - are you?
    The_MS
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,572 Administrator
    @skihard that ship sailed 10 or 15 years ago

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• TonyLightfootTonyLightfoot Posts: 47 Baller
    Try nearly 22 years ago. Remember the Dream Team?
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,768 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    1980 was the last time we won gold in hockey and we had no Pros. We need to go back to armature athletes.
    Shut up and ski
    Brewski
  • ralral Posts: 1,774 Mega Baller
    Since 1986 professional atheletes are explicitely allowed at the Olympics. Which is just fair, as since the cold war, all athletes from behind the iron curtain and Cuba were absolutely professional...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • raynrayn Posts: 402 Solid Baller
    Not sure most of the athletes want to go back either. Let's not talk about the glamour US pro sports, but the track and field guys or the bobsled guys, etc who get endorsements and prize money so they don't need second jobs just to be able to "stay" amateur as it was before the change. Don't even get me started on NCAA rules that don't let the kids earn money or risk losing their status.
    Ray Newmark -
    Than_BoganSkoot1123
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,849 Mega Baller
    @MS I sat right behind the Soviet bench.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    The_MS
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,768 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @lpskier Awesome. I remember listening to it and then getting to watch it that night. The early morning Gold Medal game against the Fins ended up being live on TV.
    Shut up and ski
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 881 Mega Baller
    I like watching the very best. If they happen to be able to make a living out of it, good for them!
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 881 Mega Baller
    I like watching the very best. If they are able to make a living out of it, good for them!