Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

am 33 vs. mapple 6.0

skier2788skier2788 Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
I was curious if any ballers have ridden both skis and how they compare to each other. Rode a 6.0 last summer and loved it. Been looking on ski it again all winter for a 66.75 maple but with no luck. There is a am33. Kinda curious about the ski but its a a big gamble on a ski that is no longer made.
Thanks
Travis
Travis Torley

Comments

• I've got a 66.75 Mapple 6.0 that I'm planning to list on Ski-it- Again soon!
  • marknmarkn Posts: 137 Baller
    Yes, I have skied both and currently ski the AM-33. Love them both. Only skied the 6.0 one time, but think I can offer an objective comparison. The AM-33 seemed slightly faster buoy to buoy, the 6.0 road a little deeper in the water, the 6.0 was more consistent and slightly more forgiving, having a bigger sweet spot. Both skis establish and maintain amazing angle off the buoy. First time on each ski, I skied within one buoy score wise. The AM-33 is the first and only ski I have ever run 39 with ZO. Having said that, when the AM-33 wears out, I will be moving to the 6.0 with no reservations. The support from the Mapple Team is unparalled and I strongly urge you to make an appointment to go to his facility if possible. Hope this helps.
    One caveat on the AM-33; it is a hollow ski, not foam core like the 6.0. You may gain a slight edge on speed with the hollow core, but at the expense of durability.

MWN
    JohnCox
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    @markn I totally agree I think what mapple is doing is great for the sport. I was skiing with mapple when I tried the 6.0 and it was awesome....... just not in the budget to buy a brand new one.
    Travis Torley
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    @kcslaloms I sent you a pm
    Travis Torley
  • Travis I sent you an email.