Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New D3 Z7 - Anyone ride one?

skibugskibug Posts: 2,039
edited May 2009 in Skis Fins Bindings
Anyone have any reviews of the new Z7 ??
Bob Grizzi

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,763 Administrator
    I know that Seth is beside himself. I'll get one and do a review sometime this summer.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,039
    edited May 2009
    I heard the same from Jon Traver's mom when I call the ski school a couple of weeks ago.  She said he loves it.  That is what got me real curious.
    Bob Grizzi
  • SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
    Need I remind everyone that basically Radar has started this trend with the Senate-C. IMHO, ski design is now going in the right direction. I ski both the Senate and the Theory. While the Theory is a bit soft, if you ski it without loading the line you can run 38 off and better. However, you cannot load it. It will surely buckle you. Senate-C is an awesome ski. These other manufacturers have tweaked what the Radar Senate has started. I believe there will be some broken records this summer with these wider surface area skis.
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    <p>
    I completely agree. Goode snowed everyone into thinking fast, twitchy, and dead stall at the end of the turn was the way to go for years. Now these guys are putting their heads together and doing it right. And I agree onthe Senate C. It's the best ski I've ever been on for half the price.
    </p>
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,141 Mega Baller
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    What is the setup on the Senate C that seems to be a good starting point?
    </p>
    <p>
    I bought a 69" last year and the stock fin settings left the ski hanging out on the offside turns.  Adding length really didn't help much and hurt onside, so I tried the standard Goode fin (more belly on it like me) and that worked better, but still not the same pizazz that my old 9500 has.  Ended up running the fin pretty deep 2.530 range, and over 6.920 on length (Goode method).
    </p>
    <p>
    Running 34 mph, and could only get 3 or 4 at 35 off, but can go deeper on my 9500.
    </p>
    <p>
    Suggestions?
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>

</p>
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    edited May 2009
    AB, at least on the 67 I used 6.855, 2.496, and .785. The tip stayed way down on both sides. At those settings I love it. Now, another friend tried one and hated it. Different strokes.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• scokescoke Posts: 644 Solid Baller
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    "Suggestions?"
    </p>
    <p>
     Sell it on this forum, twsf.com or SIA.com
    </p>
    <p>
    Ride the 9500 or better.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,150 Mega Baller
    I've had good luck recently selling leftover stuff on SkiFly.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,763 Administrator
    <p>
    Hey! Don't forget <a href="http://ballofspray.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&Itemid=77">BallOfSpray Classifieds!</a>
    </p>
    <p>
    <a href="http://ballofspray.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&Itemid=77">http://ballofspray.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&Itemid=77</a>
    </p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,023 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    <p>
    Hey scotchipman can you help me out here,I am Interested in the Fact
    that your brother tried the Goodewide Ride and the Z7, after being on
    the Sixam 2, I was on a Orange Fisher but it was to stiff for me, Just
    could not get on with it or though awsome ski when you got it right
    (Gonna Have toSell It) ,So I went back to my Sixam 2, still looking for
    a replacement.
    </p>
    <p>
    Did your brother think that the Goode Wide Ride or Z7 was that much of an improvement on the Sixam 2

</p>

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    <p>
    I rode a 67 Z7 last monday after I tried a set on the RCX.
    </p>
    <p>
    I felt that the RCX was squirly and wanted to hunt for edged on my pull outs. It felt ok and I ran a few 35s, but after the ride, its not somthing that would get me off my ski.
    </p>
    <p>
    I put the Z7 on and from my gate pull out at 28off, I felt that the ski was great. It was really stable and felt close to my A1 as far as speed and comfort. I ran right down to 35, ran another and then tried 38. I could not get the ski to turn like my A1 at 38, but with a few more sets and some tweaks, I could make the ski work fine. The Z7 is wider then the Rcx at the front binding holes, but then follows the RCX shape to the tip of the ski. I loved the ski and if things do not get better with my ride soon, I will try one out for a while. 
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    I tried the S1 this week and the ski is a rocket compared to the A1. It sits lower in the water at the tail, but tip stays up top. The back of the S1 is rounded and narrower then the A1. You have to have the wing on 9. The ski just wants you to be aggressive, do not sit back and just ride this ski. I only took one set on it and this was on day 9 of skiing at least 2 sets per day.      
    </p>
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,023 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    <p>
    Thanks for the reply, Just getting back into 28' @ 55 KPH 175llbs 5'
    6", coming back after three years with a back injury, thought it was
    all over , until some faith healing lady said she could sort it, sounds
    crazy, she laid hands  on  me twice & fixed it, back to
    the skiing, I was very interested in the Goode Wide Ride , I have some
    reservations about some aspects regarding the purchase of Goode
    waterskis, I live in the UK, as great as they are , do I need the
    Hassle, the answer is No , but I do not want to get into that debate ,
    or though I have been told by a respected Pro that at very shortline in