Critiquing @Klundell's video from Chapter 2 questions

Chris RossiChris Rossi Posts: 282 Open or 55K Rated Skier
@Klundell
"I'm going to ask my question through a video of my skiing and see if you would want to critique it either through the coaches eye app or just by writing something. This would obviously be helpful to me but as I described earlier I think it would also be very helpful to everybody on the forum. I'm talking in this video and I ask my question there..."

Three things come to mind when evaluating your video. The first one is that you are too narrow and slow on your gate glide. The second is mostly a result of the first problem and that is you do not get in your stacked position soon enough on your gate turn in. This causes your acceleration to come too late. One ball will feel ok, but the acceleration zone will once again fall too late and you end up narrow and carrying a lot of down course speed into 2. And the third thing is that I believe your fin is not set up right. Your fin looks like it is either too long or too far back. What ski, length, boot position, fin and wing numbers are you running. I use tips of the caliper for the length measurement. If you have any questions as to how I measure, check out this video; Let me know if you have questions on the first two and I look forward to checking out your set up numbers.

Chris

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file