Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoPro head mount

Anyone got any experience of filming from a head mount?

Do people just use a headstrap or helmet?? I don't own a helmet and I feel a head strap would fly off

Comments

• skier2788skier2788 Posts: 767 Crazy Baller
    Only have used a helmet. Works pretty good that way. Have seen video with a head strap. Looks unstable. Could be all in how you set it up. I think helmet is easiest and safest.
    Travis Torley
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 355 Baller
    I've used the head strap and it's works out well. Took a few times to get it right. It has to be a lot tighter than you think It needs to be, and pull it low on your forehead. The other key is to add a chin strap. Without the extra strap you'll probably lose it.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
  • GregHindGregHind Posts: 358 Crazy Baller
    The footage is great. Add extra flotation though. Mine sank to the bottom and is gone even though I had the proper floaty back door fitted. I think the headstap was the problem. If I did it again I'd zip tie a foam boat ignition float to the back of the headstap for extra flotation.

Greg
  • Boat030Boat030 Posts: 38 Baller
    We did it with the headstrap no chin strap, it had to be pretty tight. We did zip tie a key float and we also tied a shoe lace from the strap around the shoulder of the life jacket.
  • ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
    @Boat030‌, that was some great footage! Did not look that you needed to wipe out, though, and the Z7 is a pretty solid onside turner. What happened?
    Rodrigo Andai
  • coxjoncoxjon Posts: 43 Baller
    Awesome footage, much better than chesty mount!!!

Did it fall off you head Or stay on?
  • Boat030Boat030 Posts: 38 Baller
    @ral‌ that was filmed quite a while ago it was my offside turn and I believe I hit the ball because I was too narrow.

@coxjon‌ it fell off but because it was tied to my life jacket I just grabbed the shoelace and pulled it up.

I have a ton of footage, we actually did it during a tournament where every skier during one round wore the camera. I also mounted it to a turn buoy one time but that didn't come out as good as I thought it would.