Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mikro-Just Adjustment - Unboxing and Official videos.

HortonHorton Posts: 27,741 Administrator
edited April 2014 in Skis Fins Bindings

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    NICE
    Shut up and ski
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    looks good & effective, very simple!

Horton I believe you use the sequence plate - have you mounted the micro-adjust to one?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,741 Administrator
    @wtrskior‌ hell yea

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

wtrskior
  • countymountiecountymountie Posts: 119 Baller
    edited April 2014
    @Horton Your bindings only move 3/8" ??? Wow! Your Strada binding plate must be a lot different than mine. You might want to think about a Sequence plate that give 1/16"......J/K

I'm thinking about going with a Reflex this year and I was concerned about the binder sliding on the ski. This product appears to be a great fix to this issue.
    nzwaterski
    @countymountie very funny. Yes yes I use the Radar Sequence plate.

I am looking forward to seeing if I can find a sweeter sweet spot on my N1. Right now I have to settle for my hole spacing on the Approach. When I was getting my ski set up I called Chad S to ask him the latest on binding position and he tells me 28 11/16. I knew right then that I needed a way to get set up so I could make dual lock like moves. This is the ticket.
    Shut up and ski
    Horton
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    there is a really easy solution that is super quick and almost free. just buy some inexpensive male and female velcro with self adhesive back and stick a 2 inch strip in the center of each plate and at the coresponding locations on your ski. then take a dremel tool or chain saw file and slot out between the adjustment holes on your plates until there all slots -so no limited factory adjustment. with only slots you can put your binding plates where ever you want and the velcro keeps it from sliding back and forth -the screws just keep the plates attached. so thats a fifty cents fix and its adjustable almost down to microns.
    You need to raise your binding height to match the velcro thickness. You would also have to completely remove (6 screws) the binding each time. I am going for the micro.
    Shut up and ski
    MattP
  • ralral Posts: 1,708 Mega Baller
    @countymountie‌, I have used a front Reflex binding for years now. I put a D3 shock pad underneath, and it does not move at all.

Now, D3 is selling Reflex and they do a specific shock pad for it

http://www.d3skis.com/product-p/d3-reflex-shock-pad.htm

Just get one or get your Reflex from D3, and it will not move.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • xratedxrated Posts: 506 Solid Baller
    I'm interested to see how this works in regards to helping a free skier like myself.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    @xrated Any skier can ski around the miniscule issues caused by having the bindings out by half a hole. It's just a nice little luxury to not have to. It doesn't matter if you are course skiing or free skiing.

The bigger issue is whether or not your technique is consistent enough for this kind of adjustability to be noticeable. If you ski a LOT, then most of your inconsistencies fall within a fairly tight range. Being able to center your bindings accurately in the middle of this range of inconsistencies is helpful. If you only get to ski occasionally, your range of inconsistencies is probably quite wide, and mounting your bindings near the middle of this wider range of inconsistencies can be done with the normal binding plate hole pattern.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    edited April 2014
    @MS -I guess you havent paid attention to how much your plate flexes and bends during normal use. practically every radar sequence plate i ever see is bent way out of true by at least 3/16 inch or more and inexpensive self adhesive velcro equals less than half that. i am not talking about dual lock here and from experience i know the velcro trick works without any feeling of lift or thickness. if your really worried about that non existent problem just put a whole bunch of little pieces right near the screw holes. $64 to $74 cheaper than this ad on thing and super easy to do with even finer adjustability. for that much money difference i can live with loosening 6 screws now and again.
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 806 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2014
    @MS Be careful you know what happens when the holes are too close together! Nice job Cody!
    @wetwhatever sounds like you need to check your screws!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
    edited April 2014
    @teamwhatever -i hope it makes lots of money but its definitely a complex and expensive solution to a simple problem. sorry if that fact bothers you.
    Love the hardware or not I hope you guys are getting your head around the idea that a 3/8" move could be far from optional.

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    Just ordered mine. I don't want velcro anywhere close to my ski.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Than_BoganMattPskidawg
    @OB Velcro really is the other good solution. It was the inspiration.

• webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    edited April 2014
    I was just starting to come around to the idea that this makes sense. I'm running a Reflex front with HO Animal rear.....then I realized that this won't work on my rear boot....
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,000 Mega Baller
    I have been running a similar product for almost a year now. It works and it was the only way I could get my bindings to the stock position for my ski.
  • webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    edited April 2014
    @OB Maybe you aren't familiar with the HO animal plate? I'm pretty sure it would only work if I didn't cant my rear boot. Am I wrong here?
    @webbdawg99‌ I am pretty sure you are correct. Back binding placement is not currently solved for many skiers

• Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2014
    My Nano one allowed me to get my R style Reflex rear to the correct measurement, but the front Reflex didn't measure up with standard holes, so the Mikro-just solved that. I like the boot placement and have not experiments further.
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Call up all the OEMs for an offer... Great idea! Should come on all binding plates. I'll be ordering one shortly.
    I have been using tape for the Nano One XT review. Honestly my dislike for tape is fading but my conviction that the Mikro-Just is the right idea is re-enforced. Either way I can make tiny binding adjustments.

MattP
    @Mrs_MS rear HO toe plate will not match up with the Helix boot position so I need another one.
    Shut up and ski