Die Monkey Die

MoggieMoggie Posts: 105 Baller
After 322 days and 109 sets I finally beat my PB and ran 58kph. On 5 occasions I’ve matched it getting [email protected], but the monkey on my back has finally been slain! I don’t care about getting your dream job, your first home or the birth of your first child; nothing beats getting through a pass you’ve struggled with for so long. Bring on 16m!
A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.
jipster43OTFandjulesBulldogMattPSkiJayRichardDoaneToddLtsixamjayskiDUSkierJJVDMZNCraigjcampSkoot1123BMG73Than_Boganchris_logan[Deleted User]Dacon62matthewbrownNot_The_PugskialexFatroll

Comments

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,460 Crazy Baller
    The worst part of PB'ing is there are so few people you can share it with who actually understand. Congratulations!
    MoggieSkoot1123
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 856 Mega Baller
    Yes! what a great feeling. I don't want to jinx anything, but 16m usually isn't the worst pass to learn (depending on your style), especially at 58k. Good luck. Hopefully you start nailing it consistently.
    Moggie
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 543 Crazy Baller
    Good job ! The monkey may be dead,but he has an endless supply of back ups. The feeling just keeps getting nicer as you slay the better prepared monkeys. They get stronger and so will your technique. Enjoy the journey as you continue to hit the higher levels.
    6balls
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,719
    16m is much better pass than long line, if you have your technical stuff sorted you should own it soon enough.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Water Ski Equipment - KD Platinum

• CraigCraig Posts: 115 Baller
    Congrats, huge milestone! Been there, have a t-shirt (at least metaphorically). When 18.25m is dialed in 16m seems to come without too much struggle. 14.25m, is a different story...
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Keep it up! I hope you slay another monkey or two before this season is over! Of course, here in MN the season hasn't started.
    Jim Ross
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    @razorskier1 - ice monkies are what you have up in southern Canada....!
  • MoggieMoggie Posts: 105 Baller
    Cheers all; there are only two places you can share your skiing achievements, your ski club and BOS. Everywhere else people either don't care or don't understand.
    A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    edited April 2014
    now its time to hang that monkey with a shorter rope.