Camaro Opencell vs Blacktec

Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
I found a leftover Opencell in my size online and was wondering about the comparison of that vs. the Blacktec. Both are 2mm. The difference is about $60 so I was wondering if it is worth the savings? I am not thrilled with my drysuit and it needs repair anyway and generally I don't ski until the water is about 50*.
Mark Shaffer

Comments

• Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    I believe they are one in the same, just new branding. Among other Camaro suits, I have the Open Cell 1mm and it works great. Can't go wrong with any of their stuff.
    ozski
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,490 Administrator
    Anything you get from Camaro will be warm and comfortable. You need to take care of them a little more careful that an old SkiWarm but you will actually be warm.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

LZywicki1
  • jmvana1jmvana1 Posts: 62 Baller
    I jave the 1 mm open cell and the 2 mm open cell and love them both! Very warm and free movement.
    Life is good!
  • ralral Posts: 1,924 Mega Baller
    Black Tec has a less sticky outside finish (better if you are using a pullover vest, which I would not recommend...), is better reinforced and has a better zipper seal.

60 is a lot, though, you can get 1/2 Black Tec top with that
    Rodrigo Andai