Touring HO Ski Factory

Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
Hey Ballers - am looking for some info on touring the HO Ski factory. I'll be in Seattle the first part of May and thought it would be a good way to go and check out where my ski was made. Thanks!

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,490 Administrator
    @Skoot1123‌ I don't know that they give tours anymore.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    @Horton‌ - bummer!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,490 Administrator
    You can try. I have been known to be wrong.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

MattPSkoot1123
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,765 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Make sure you stop by Wiley's while you're in Seattle!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

• gator1gator1 Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    @skoot1123 We were over there for a wedding about 3 years ago. Just walked in the door and asked, got a great tour, saw this big dude running a mill, it was LaPoint, got to talk to him about ski assembly. Awesome. Hope they will let you in, pretty much nirvana for a engineering guy like you.
    Skoot1123
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    i think they combined there HO and Connelly facilities into one location these days.
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,385 Mega Baller
    I stopped in years back and was told they (HO) were not giving tours any more. Eddie came up and gave me a great tour anyway. A couple weeks later he left HO to do the Radar thing. AWESOME!!! Thanks Eddie!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Skoot1123Bulldog
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 1,025 Open or Level 9 Skier
    The HO factory is no longer the HO factory. Obrien also sold their place. They have all moved into the Connelly factory up in Lynnwood. I don't believe they give regular tours but if you call Connelly and ask they might take you through?
    Skoot1123
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord‌ - Thanks Adam - I'll give it a try!
  • gator1gator1 Posts: 591 Crazy Baller
    @skoot1123: Lady on the phone told us "no". Turned out our hotel for the wedding was just down the block, so we showed up on the doorstep with the (true) stories of our long dedication to O'Brien skis and our disarming Midwestern friendly faces. In we went.
    GroovyGrantSkoot1123