Fist day on the Vapor -boot placement question

cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
Today I move from the Strada to the Vapor. Perfski were great allowing me to send a video to fwd to matt Rini for set up! I am placing the boots (strada) same as on the Strada ski -front in center hole rear as close to front as possible. Where are you all placing them and if different why?
Vapor pro 2017

Comments

• BRYBRY Posts: 593 Crazy Baller
    @cragginshred‌ Follow this chart as exactly as you can to start:

Matt Rini's Fin Settings (Updated as of 3/1/14):
    Size: Depth DFT Length Boot Setting
    63.5": 2.475, .745, 6.875 front boot @ 28 1/2 wing @‌ 9
    65": 2.475, .745, 6.880 front boot @ 28 3/4 wing @ 9
    66": 2.445, .745, 6.954 front boot @ 29 1/4 wing @ 9
    67": 2.450, .750, 6.960 front boot @ 30 1/4 wing @ 9
    68": 2.450, .750, 6.960 front boot @ 30 3/4 wing @‌ 9

MEASURE your front binding placement, don't go by the holes. If you can't get to the exact number for binding above get as close as you can. IMHO you should start here as no one on the net will have your settings for you, everyone is a bit different. Take a couple sets then play around. The good thing (and bad) is the Vapor will work very well with wack settings, but it is phenomenal when dialed in. Record everything so you know the what's, where's and results. And measure your bindings for placement!
    cragginshred
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 844 Crazy Baller
    Only skied my 67 Vapor once and used Rossi's settings which put my old Strada boots at 29 7/8" DTF.
    That positions my boot one hole forward of center. Using Rini's settings will put your Strada boot even one more hole forward at the furthest forward boot position assuming you have a standard plate.
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    1 thing I did was increase the spread of my bindings. Running double stradas, and had always kept them as close as possible on the sequence plate. Moved back binding back 1 hole. Really woke up the ski and tightens the turning radius.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,490 Administrator
    @cragginshred‌
    Binding placement must be measured. Center hole is NOT a measurement.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Keep in mind the center hole on the sequence plate, on a 67 vapor meant you were well over 1/2 an inch BACK from the suggested mounting point.

I had the sequence plate as far forward as possible which put the heal of the front binding at almost exactly 30"
  • skiepskiep Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    Powershells 29 3/4" new vapor boots I had to go to 30" Oh and the length listed above is with tips!!
  • ktm300ktm300 Posts: 443 Solid Baller
    Keith, have you found the numbers posted above to be a good starting point (Aside from boot placement)? Have you tried the deeper Rossi numbers? While I am asking you questions, do you have some good numbers for an N1 (65.25) for a 90lb G2. I saw somewhere 2.440 for depth? Is that ski just going to be too big for her? Thanks
  • skiepskiep Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    Yes- I'm running 6.955 tips all other numbers the same. And I haven't tried Rossi's numbers- no need , these numbers listed above are MONEY! I will have to look on the goode numbers but @ 32 mph that ski should be good. I will have to ask Kelley to check her book and report back.