Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nano OneXT Mid Review report

HortonHorton Posts: 30,560 Administrator
edited April 2014 in Reviews
Every review starts with a few rides trying to get my head around the ski and making sure I have the right settings. As of today that is all done.

I have had 10 rides on the XT so I am roughly 1/3 done with the review. For the next 10 or so rides I get to just ski. This is when I try to just enjoy myself. Then the last few rides I have to focus on exactly how to describe the ski.

Tonight I was skiing PerfectPass so not exactly to tournament spec but good times and very straight boat path. I ran a bunch of 32s the first set and then a bunch of 35s the second. At the end of the second set I took a stab at 38. The only reason I missed the 38 was because I was so freaking shocked to be running it so easy. I could feel myself grinning. It was only my 3rd or 4th go at 38 this year and I was running it.

Maybe it was a fluke but I expect to see my PB more than once before this review is over. I do not think I have a tournament before the end of the review. Oooo this sucks. I really want 3 @ 39 in a scorebook.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,910 Mega Baller
    I think I speak for a lot of frozen northerners when I say:

Shut Up!!

Just kidding ... sort of.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    jayskiCWiedmerSBFL
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @Horton‌ equally excited here in central Washington. Weather has been great. Water is a brisk 44 degrees last night. Running into 38' OFF in cold water this spring has a been a treat on the XT! Looking forward to see what you settled in on for settings and see how close mine are to yours.......
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    CWiedmer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,560 Administrator
    did I mention yesterday the air was mid 80's and water was mid 70's

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

Chuck_Dickey
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @Horton‌ did I mention the air is 85 and the water is 45......... Makes wearing the dry suit a PAIN IN THE ARSE.
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,257 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ice just went out the other day up here in the great white north....
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,560 Administrator
    Final review will be out earl next week.