Malibu Open 2014

tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
I know it's early, but it appears the skiing is friday qualify and finals for saturday. I'm making a family road trip for this one and plan on staying at the hotel suggested on the malibu open website. We're travelling from Ontario Canada with another family, and will tour Chicago on our way home. Looking for suggestions of 'stuff' to do when in Milwaukee and Chicago. Also, who is going, would like to meet some ballers for a cold one ... or few...

Comments

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    I'm hoping to be there as well. You need to tour Sprecher's brewery. They make excellent stuff....and their root beer is spectacular! Some great restaurants in the area as well: Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro, NorthPoint Snack Shack, Alterra for coffee is a quick walk from Veterans Park Lagoon. (Any of the Bartolotta's restaurants are GREAT) Milwaukee has got to be one of the best places for a tournament - easy access to everything downtown and a fun city to boot!
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,148 Mega Baller
    Good to see someone making the trek- the Malibu Open is NOT to be missed! Truly an amazing event. We make a full weekend out of it every year and the whole family has fun.
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
    thanks guys, my trip will be a whole family affair, with wife and 2 daughters aged 6 & 8. they're hoping for autographs from Whitney, Regina, and others...
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,117 Mega Baller
    They will get autographs. No doubt about it!
  • H20_2_SkiH20_2_Ski Posts: 6 Baller
    I agree with @Skoot1123‌. I live in Milwaukee and have been to many other venues, this little lagoon near Lake Michigan is great! There are a few breweries to check out right in Milwaukee. MKE Brewing and Lake Front Brewery do great tours and are both right downtown. Milwaukee has also developed a wonderful restaurant scene. There are so many local places to check out. Yelp! helps.
    Skoot1123
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
    just called to book rooms at garden inn hilton under the malibu open 'block of discount rooms' and they don't have any available. any reccomendations where to stay that's in the middle of the action? thanks
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 835 Crazy Baller
  • ntxntx Posts: 847 Crazy Baller
    @ob I think this thread was started about the tournament in Milwaukee. It looks like all the threads are pretty clear about what event they are reference. Try not to confuse them with your event. I understand you are trying to promote your event but there might be a better way.