Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Angle gauges?

BoozeBooze Posts: 324 Baller
I need to buy some. Any suggestions on the best or best deal out there?
Also, a buddy has a cool aluminum adjustable gauge tool that someone gave him. Does anyone have a bead on where to get something like that?
Thanks,
SB

Comments

• scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 4,013 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I love and use these. http://www.liquidcut.com/tools.aspx
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    SkiJaychris_logan
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    The Guys over at SkiDoc Have some that I use.
  • I5boiI5boi Posts: 152 Baller
    Thanks @scotchipman‌ Would I ever really need the full 7 piece set? I think I need to find a good source on wing set-ups.
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    Got a set of HO wing gauges from Performance several years ago, don't know if HO still makes them or not but they're simple to use and compact, only 3 pieces. Base section, a piece that moves in full degree increments, a 3rd piece that gives you half degrees. Thought I had a photo but can't seem to locate it.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
    kstateskier
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,225 Mega Baller
    edited May 2014
    I use two sets of Goode's gages. They are the perfect size, but damn they're expensive!
    store.goode.com/goode-wing-angle-gauges/
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • I5boiI5boi Posts: 152 Baller
    Research shows to use two (2) at a time. Looks like 7, 8, & 9.
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,722 Mega Baller
    Liquid cut can build you a custome set for same relative price as their standard sets. Just specify that you want two each and the sizes desired.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • skifanskifan Posts: 63 Baller
    D3 Makes a great set. Not to expensive either.

http://www.d3skis.com/product-p/wing-angle-gauge-set.htm
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 4,013 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The other good thing about Liquid Cut is that each gauge has the whole and half angle, two for the price of one. I bought two sets of 7/7.5, 8/8.5, 9/9.5 so when I install the wing and can use one on each side which makes things easier and more precise.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    chris_logan
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2014
    @Ed_Obermeier‌
    I have that same set made by HO. It measures in full and half degrees from 7-12 degrees by switching from the red to blue plate. Red plate is half and blue plate is full degrees. I think this was designed by Eddie Roberts. Great tool, easy to use.

Everytime I use it I get all kinds of comments about how great it is and "where can I buy one?"
    Ed_Obermeierkstateskier
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    I have the liquid cut gauges as well. I liked that I could just buy the ones I needed instead of paying for 2-3 gauges I'll never use.

I will admit that it was tough to stomach $30-$40 for a few pieces of metal or plastic cut to a set angle especially when you can go to just about any tool store and buy a full on angle finder for like $5 and a digital angle finder for $20-$25 that measure anywhere from 0-90 degrees. I went ahead and bought them because I was being lazy at the time. However, I am curious why crude angle plates are the preference for wing angles. We don't buy a set of 20+ gauges for fin depth, length, and DFT.
  • schaferschafer Posts: 292 Baller
    im with @Chuck_Dickey‌ and @Ed_Obermeier‌ and i use the 3 piece HO gauges. they are great
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    kstateskier
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,734 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    H20 have them ,they come in full and half degrees.
    http://www.h2oproshop.com/h2o-slalom-ski-angle-gauge-set.html

" My Arms Keep Going Numb May Have To Use My Teeth”

• chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 354 Solid Baller
    +1 on the Liquid Cut angle gauges. I bought the full set, not necessarily because I will need them, but I'm willing to bet that at some point I will be around somebody that will need one of those oddball angles and could probably spare a cold beer to use mine. They are durable and look good as well.
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?
    scotchipman
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    @Chuck_Dickey‌ @Ed_Obermeier‌ @schafer‌ I also use the 3 piece gauges from HO. Simple, effective, light and don't take up much room in your ski bag.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 391 Baller
    For $39.95 plus shipping I like my offering the best. Cool anodized color coding makes it real easy to find in the tool box. 5,7,8,9,&11 degrees. They feel like a quality tool in your hand. I'll admit it's a pretty simple set -no half sizes no duplicates (unless you buy two sets). Also they are long enough that you never need a spacer even on the lowest positioned wings.
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 805 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Here is my wing angle maker displaying the new feature I commissioned him to build that no one else has. The 9.5 degree bottle opener.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    SkiJayryno65