Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kids Combo's

bojansbojans Posts: 259 Solid Baller
My 6 yo son is bound and determined to ski on 1 this year but his trainer combos do not have a rtp. Found a deal too good to pass up for a nice small set of kids combo's that I thought I would share for anyone else who is looking. I figure the slalom ski will get him through a couple seasons until he grows into a larger kids ski.

http://www.wakehouse.com/products/radar-x-caliber-59-combo-water-skis.html

Comments

• eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,937 Infinite Pandas
    Two trick skis? Or a wakeboard? Or use one combo and a real slalom ski. Make sure it's a game for him.
    Eric
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,437 Mega Baller
    Good deal, but aren't 59" skis going to be awful big for a 6 year old?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,437 Mega Baller
    FWIW, these are the exact skis that my FIL starts all the little people on. Small piece of history since the old Lake Region factory used to be 4 blocks from my house (now a Moomba/Supra dealer)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lil-Rascal-Lake-Region-Water-Skis-Made-In-USA-47-/360960343471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540ae9bdaf
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep Those are the skis my daughter learned on when she was 5. I have two sets, one tied together with ropes and another set are separated. I think we got her up the single of those when she was 6. As soon she learned to stand I would drag her around on the kitchen floor standing on one of those cat scratching boards you hang on a doorknob. I don't remember anymore why it took three more years to get her behind the boat (probably an objection from... someone :-) .

She's 22 now and just moved down to Baton Rouge after graduation. She never got too serious about skiing, only skiing a couple times a year through the years. She brought some friends out to the lake to ski a few days before she headed south - I'm hoping she makes some skiing connections while she's down there. Certainly a trip to Bennett's will be in order when we go down to visit!
    Is it time to ski, yet?