Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the The Warp Review would say if I did not need to actually give detailed information.

HortonHorton Posts: 28,331 Administrator
edited June 2014 in Reviews
Imagine you were born on the planet Krypton and you are a slalom skier. Riding the Warp for the first time is like the first time you slalom on a planet with a yellow sun.

Ok that is not the review but that is the way I felt today. Equaled my all time PB again today.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

E_TkstateskierJC McCavit

Comments

• rokrok Posts: 30 Baller
    Admit it Horton ......... best ski you've ridden, isn't it?....
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,331 Administrator
    @rok there is no "best ski ever" and the Warp has some issues but holy crap is it kick ass! One of the things that is stressing me out is I have no idea what is so good. I just run a crazy number of balls on it.

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,085
    It definitely did some things I liked. Like we were talking, I don't think I was in the correct place on the ski. Goodson gave me rear binding numbers but I'm finding with my rtp, those numbers are way off what it would be if I had a rear boot.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

@ShaneH‌ I have not found the fin settings to be super critical. My front binding is a 28 1/2 as per the factory spec. So far the darn thing is just easy to ride. I may try less depth or maybe forward a little to even out off side with one side. At the moment I have to be careful to not take too much out of off side and overload into on side. The off side turns are pretty darn wicked. Even if my settings are not perfect I am skiing right up to my PB pretty often.

On another note I am finally working up a theory about what the ski does that is different. Might just be magic.

skidawgHorton
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    I think I speak for most of us when I say: I will pay for magic.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Texas6
    No @Than_Bogan‌ this ski would be no good for you.

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,336 Mega Baller
    I remember being at Chets when they were designing it. Chet said the unique design of the rounded tail behind the fin made it so you would never blow out the tail.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    @Horton If that implies that you are still threatened by me, then I am flattered. You've put a pretty good distance between us in the rankings with your improvements in the last few seasons.

But I'm not buying a ski this year. My N1 is working great and there's much more to learn and a few more buoys to run on it. Plus I really want to change my bindings to OB4 and that's gonna take some time, so I don't want the ski to change at the same time.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    @Than_Bogan‌ I have an EP Stiletto that would be good for you

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,666
    Any Aussie skiers looking for a ride on the Warp then let me know. I have a demo ski here in QLD, I don't plan to get back on it for a while.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

@Than_Bogan‌ I was not able to do better than one ball off my PB tonight. Ya this ski is not for you

Is it common knowledge that Chet had a lot to do with the design?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• ralral Posts: 1,729 Mega Baller
    @ozski, still using the Helix (your signature mentions the Quest...)?
    Rodrigo Andai
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,300 Mega Baller
    @OB-Chet is not on his original nano 1
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • swaterkdswaterkd Posts: 71 Baller
    XTM?
    @ral Yes still on the Helix, signature updated. Back on topic I would say to anyone who gets the chance to ride a Warp should grab it.