I've been on the RS-1 system for more than a year now and I'm very satisfied to say the least.
1) Totally comfortable. I can put them on when the previous skier leaves the dock and I don't care how many passes he makes.
2) Very adjustable. You can rotate each binding, move the rear closer or further from the front and adjust the position of the plate on the ski by half hole increments.
3) Can't pre-release. Since the eject mechanism is the liner leaving the shell with the shell securely attached to the ski, you have no pre-release worries.
4) Release when expected. I have taken pretty much every type fall I've ever taken on rubber on these including the dreaded over the tip offside stall. In each case, I've released without issue where damage might have been done to my body. On other types of falls, I've either stayed all the way in or come all the way out. Exactly what I want in a releasable system.
5) Support from Radar. Incredible! I had the early thinner plate, they sent me a new plate free. I have a Fischer which uses metric screws and the original threaded offsets would not work; they sent me new threadless offsets. Not only that, they sent me (via the dealer) spare elastics and spare elastic pull knobs.
6) Longevity: Except for the offsets (bushings), there is very little wear. The boots themselves look nearly new. The liners are still in excellent shape. The elastics are good for at least a year I'd say. The offset bushings are probably good for 4 months if you turn them 90 degress after two months.
1) The only real con for me is that the offsets wear over time as the plates slides back and forth on them when the ski flexes.
I finally ran out of the offsets Eddie sent me last year and contacted Radar to order a dozen (seems like I got enough free stuff). Eddie responded directly asking for my mailing address and today I received a small bag of replacement offsets and screw washers at no charge.
What else can I say. I ski easily as good as I did in my rubber bindings and feel that I'm much safer and a whole lot more comfortable!
Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge