Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ouch! reflex hitting my shin

Hey guys, just wondering if there is any good ways of avvoiding the reflex boot hitting your shin while doing flips. When i go for the landing of the flip the boot releases and hits me in the shin. I have seen people use a shin guard but im thinking it might annoy me with my toe pass. Thx.

Comments

• ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
    @Nautiqueskier123, why is the binding releasing? Does it need to release (i.e. is it really protecting you?)
    Rodrigo Andai
  • Nautiqueskier123Nautiqueskier123 Posts: 18 Baller
    edited July 2014
    Thx for suggestion.
    i Have tried putting it on higher settings but it would really hurt when i crash, and would not release often in my other tricks. Thx ral.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,121 Mega Baller
    @Nautiqueskier123‌ you could always take the shin guard off before your toe pass.
    isaacd3skis
  • ralral Posts: 1,762 Mega Baller
    I agree with @MattP‌. You can mount a shin guard on a neoprene leg spray protection, so you can put it/take off quickly.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 950 Mega Baller
    edited July 2014
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,975 Infinite Pandas
    For flips you might be better off without a release. Use a snowboard strap across the top of the boot and lock it down. You can unclip it for toes easily. Lots of advanced flippers use this trick.

Shin guards are a pain but widely used. There is a neoprene cap for the Silveretta but your shin will take a beating in any release. Don't fall. (Actually as your flips improve, the problem goes away. )

Eric
    thx guys for the tips.
  • MAD11MAD11 Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    Here the link to the cap @eleeski mentioned that Reflex sells. Sure helps you keep from cutting your leg for trick or slalom. The Shin guard seems common too on hand passes.

http://reflexworld.com/product/reflex-release-protector/
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,315 Mega Baller
    That will cushion the release, but the shin guard will help if you click the boot heel ledge against your tibia.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,975 Infinite Pandas
    Remember, your shin may smash the edge of the ski if you release. The Silveretta is just one threat to your shin. My binding releases to a fairly clean ski but has still damaged my shin. I hate releasing. Unless I really need it.
    Eric