Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news on Masterline curved end handle (ala US Gear)

Wondering if they have been produced yet; or, is it by special request? Anyone?
Bob Grizzi

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    Wondering the same. I was thinking about ordering a US gear for backup. Not sure how long it would take though.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,891 Administrator
    @gregy send me the money. I will spend it on diapers. You will get the same thing as you would get if you send the money to Randy.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

gregyE_T
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 565 Crazy Baller
    @slalom frog has been onto this, any more news @slalom frog? I see Masterline has been tweeting about the imminent release of a new product, I wonder if this is what it is...
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,276 Mega Baller
    It took 6 days to get my US gear handle. I can live with that.
    Shut up and ski
  • MZitoMZito Posts: 169 Baller
    edited July 2014
    My us gear can almost 1 yr later after it took 6 mths to get a hold of Randy. Then after we talked he said Ill get one out right away, that meant 3 weeks. Well when it showed up it was purple not the color I ordered. I sent it back and ordered a master line. Randy makes a great product but has a real issue with operations. Hope he can get it figured out.
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
    I am using bent In tow at the moment. Love it. Looking forward to rumored new MasterLine.

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,041
    @Horton‌, with curved ends? Or just bent radius to relieve pressure?
    Bob Grizzi
    I am using an In Tow that is just bent to help with my elbows

• londonskierlondonskier Posts: 190 Baller
    I had great service from Randy at Masterline. fixed my faulty rope AND gave me a new one as a goodwill gesture. He replied to emails within a day or two. All within a week and delivered. Great Service. I'm a customer of Masterline for life. Give the man another go! The product is great.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,276 Mega Baller
    @londonskier There is a Randy at US gear also. I think that is the @Horton reference.
    Shut up and ski
  • londonskierlondonskier Posts: 190 Baller
    @MS Oops! Thank you
    Hate it when @ms is right. Sorry about theverything confusion

The_MS
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,900 Mega Baller
    Looks like InTow is coming out with a curved end (us gear) style handle too.
  • slalom frogslalom frog Posts: 103 Baller
    I have a new Masterline "US Gear" styled handle on order and should receive it next week. They are offering one, though I believe that ML is still working out the details on it. They are not doing any advertising of this option yet, that I am aware of.
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 453 Baller
    @Slalom Frog, how did you order it? Did you have to call? I called last week and spoke with a woman. She referred me to Randy, but he was busy. I'd love to get one ordered.
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
  • slalom frogslalom frog Posts: 103 Baller
    @ThePantsManCan‌, I ordered it directly from ML, spoke with Randy.
    Sweet!! I'm going to bother them tomorrow.
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,822 Mega Baller
    One thing that seems to be a benefit of the rounded ends with the tapering covers on the "V" of the handle rope, is that handle dings on skis are almost never going to happen. The US GEAR style handles just slide right past the the front of the ski and to the side without coming into contact and denting the ski.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    jipster43Moggie
    @ToddL, Bingo! I dinged a very nice ski once with a regular handle. Within the week I had my Curved End handle and never had a lick of trouble since.
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 171 Baller
    I had the opposite with the bent handle and ski ding. Skied ML all my skiing life and tried USG, within 2 weeks ding and crushed the side wall of my new mapple 6.0. Back with ML and touch wood, not a problem since.
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,822 Mega Baller
    @addkerr - sorry to hear that.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    I just spoke with Randy at Masterline. He said they are only making the curved end handles on a first come first served basis and the list is long and growing. Also, he informed me that they are only offering the handles in a 1.00 Diameter... for now.