Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Input from Dual Lock users

JTWJTW Posts: 8 Baller
Just wondering how often you change your Dual Lock. Also, do you change it on both the ski and the plate every time? I am changing mine now and the plate Dual Lock doesn't look nearly as bad as the ski. I am going to do both.

Comments

• Pat MPat M Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    When I was using it I changed it probably every two years.
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    Also only did it on what needed it. If the ski or the plate looks good I left it alone.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,479 Mega Baller
    I had a G10 plate for years with 400 black put on by Goode and I never changed that.

The ski side I've changed "on demand" when I see anything peeling anywhere. Typically less than once per year when using 250 black on the ski.

Just recently I learned that the black outlasts the clear by quite a bit. The black is a royal pain to remove (requiring more than a full day of soaking in Mineral Spirits or else some serious elbow grease with a pile of plastic scrapers [since you'll break a few]), but I'm about to go back to it because it's more important to me that it stay on and not peel back.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • J3J3 Posts: 49 Baller
    I run 250/250 and change it out on the binding plate every winter. I usually get a new ski every year so that takes care of itself.