Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex liners

DanEDanE Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
Tried a Reflex boot (white cuff) yesterday for the first time, felt great. Just ran some 32s and noticed I got much better onside turns and better angle crossing the wake. However I got a pressure point on my outside ankle bone ( bony feet) using Reflex thin liner. Anyone using Reflex thick liner? Is there a big difference in performance? Reflex claims the thin liner gives better control? How about the padding around the ankles? The boot itself had a perfect fit other than the pressure point.

Comments

• buskibuski Posts: 114 Baller
    I had a similar issue with the thin liner. I had a strada liner around and tried that and no more pain, but those are a little thick for my shell size. I got a goode/fm aqua liner and that is working great.
    jayski
  • DanEDanE Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    @buski Thank you, tried the strada liner, couldn't squeeze it in there.
    Will look into a better liner.
  • bbruzzesebbruzzese Posts: 120 Baller
    Did you heat/form the liner?
  • buskibuski Posts: 114 Baller
    For what it's worth, I kept the thin liner and am using it in the r-style rear. I like it much better than the thicker rear liner personally.
    edited July 2014
    @bbruzzese‌ Yes I heat molded, once without an insole, might have buckled it down too hard.
    Re molded it with a Radar insole,buckled more loose and it was better but still not pain free.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,303 Mega Baller
    You may heat shaping the shell where you feel the pressure.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • OKSkierOKSkier Posts: 122 Baller
    For what its worth was told that the Intuition liner was a great alternative. Has been great.
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2014
    I use the Intuition Splash line, heat molded to my foot. Pacific Slalom in So. Cal sells them.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 856 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2014
    If you have a snow ski pro shop around that can punch the are or streach the area where it hurts or rubs. Easy to do. With a boot press. I have done this on mine and a few friends boots then you can use the thin liner
    @Deanoski‌ Ok, but the cuff is partly in the way, maybe it can be done anyway?
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 856 Crazy Baller
    Dan E Yes it can be done any where on the boot put the boot on and mark the spot. the only thing is the plastic on a reflex heats up faster than a snow ski boot so very little heat is need to move the plastic shell on a reflex. it only takes a few MM of movement to make a difference

Dan do you have any snow ski pro shops close to you?

Deano
    @Deanoski Yes I have, will contact local ski racers about who to talk to, sounds like a better option when the lower part of the boot fits so nice with a thin liner.
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    Intuition liner. Works great and much more comfortable. I have had ankle problems using the thinner liner and switched to the Intuition from my old Goode bindings and it was much better.
  • bhsbhs Posts: 280 Baller
    I had the same problem. Switched to the Goode liner and haven't had the problem since.
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    I started with the thick liner and decided to give the tour pro intuition liner from fluid motion a try after half a season. It was like using a completely different binding and took some getting used to. I originally heat molded the liner like FM tells you to and I was cutting the circulation off to my foot and it was pressing on my big toe pretty hard. I heat molded it again with 4 pairs of socks on and a folded up paper towel over my big toe to gain extra clearance. It was better but I still felt like I had no ankle movement. Ultimately after about 20-30 sets, I bailed on the intuition liner and went back to the thick liner...it's heavier for sure but way more comfortable and allows my ankle to bend. However, I could ski the same on both.