Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PB at regionals

ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
So my son, @MattL‌, pushed his tournament personal best out by nearly two passes at regionals. He had never ran 28 mph in a tournament prior to this. In practice a few days before the tournament he ran 30 for the first time ever. Check out his set. Starts off at 26 mph.

On the last pass, he rounded 6 ball with a lot of speed and slack. He coasted out the exit gates just before the slack hit. He took the hit, but popped the handle. Tough break, but he was on top of the world after that set. He out skied his seeding by four places, but still ended up in 6th place, just one spot shy of qualifying for nationals. I'm a Proud dad for sure!

-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
6ballsandjuleschris_loganMarcoThan_BoganSkoot1123

Comments

• ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
    edited August 2014
    Oh, and he rocks, too! No really...

Lead singer
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    6balls
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,293 Mega Baller
    congrats
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    ToddL
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,968 Mega Baller
    Great on both fronts the skiing and the music.
    Mark Shaffer
    ToddL
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,326 Mega Baller
    Very, very cool @ ToddL. Congrats to your son. I love the squealy commentary on the video, too.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    ToddL
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Mama was FIRED up too, super cool - congrats!!
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    ToddL