Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great news for late starters

Edmund (Skip) Hommel just finished in 8th place at the nationals. What makes this
so impressive to me is that Skip did not get up on one ski until he was 38 years old.
He also skis on a public pond in Ma with a relatively short season. The best part is
that Skip is a better guy than he is skier he will help any one at any-time and gives back a
ton to the sport. In our short New England summers he usually makes it to about 12
tournaments a year both awsa and int events. He takes his promo Prostar to many events
and usually spends most of day driving and or judging. Could not happen to a nicer guy, he also
has a great wife (Julie) who also goes to helps out and skis at all the tournaments.
JWebSki

Comments

• alex38alex38 Posts: 485 Baller
    edited August 2014
    Yes, the Hommels have created quite a foundation for waterskiing, especially in New England. I don't think I ski a set without thinking about something Skip has taught me or anyone else. The Hommels bring alot to the table for us all.

Congratulations Skip!!!!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    It is awesome to see Skip ski well at Nationals. Skip and Julie are great people and give a ton to the sport in New England. Congratulations Skip.
    Mark Shaffer