Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It was Hot in Texas

My family had a great time at the River Ranch Great job! The evening crowd and pants fall down guy at the Embassy was priceless. The San Marcos river was a great place to cool off. To bad the streaker skier tripped over the tent stake during that intermission of the Big Dawg final, I guess those sanburrs were a better omen of judgment :) I was so confused on which boat I was gonna pull him behind there were so many nice ones the purple K-state boat was my first choice but on the wrong lake. I really liked the hospitality tents they were awesome. Thanks River Ranch see ya next year.

Comments

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,809 Mega Baller
    The heat reminded me of Bakersfield. There is a lot more to do (imho) in the area which makes it a better location. The river is priceless after a long day of 100 degree heat!! Keeps the kiddos occupied as well.
    skidawg
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,430 Crazy Baller
    + 1 on the river. We rented a house on the river, 5 minutes from the ski site, since we were going to be down there for 5 days. Every time we were overheated, we would run home for a quick float in the 72 degree water.

Not to mention Blacks BBQ in Lockhart about 10 miles down the road. Best smoked brisket I've ever had by far!
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,628 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Hmmm @Marco now you mention Blacks BBQ. Wish I knew about that before! We did eat at Cottonseed just over the river in Martindale (next to the gas station) which was excellent!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    @klindy - We ate at Cottonseed as well, and it was really good. It was less than a mile away from where we were staying. Blacks BBQ was exceptional! We weren't the only skiers in there either. The placed was packed, and a lot were competitors. If Nats is at SMRR again next year, it is definitely worth the short drive to Lockhart.
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 183 Baller
    Lockhart also has Smitty's BBQ my personal favorite and Krews all have been featured on the food channel. There are a few hotels in Lockhart, if we're back here and someone is looking to save a few $$ on hotels. It is a great part of the country. Yea, Scott the heat reminded me of Bako. I was so tired and hot Sat. I thought I was going to puke on the starting dock and I live here.
    We enjoyed having everyone and thank you for coming.

Jeff Lindsey
    SMRR Resident
    @Moskier3ev - Smitty's was on our list but it was going to be closed by the time we got there.

On another note, I was very impressed by the kindness and generosity of all the locals at SMRR for letting us overrun your place! I can only imagine how much effort you all put into hosting the tournament, and I for one am very grateful for all the work you guys put in. Thanks for being awesome hosts!
    skidawgAlvin_Neff