Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vimeo Videos Not Playing on Androids

SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
Vimeo videos don't play on my fully up to date Galaxy S5 so I did some research and found it's an issue with most Androids. I can download apps that play Vimeo videos, but none that will play a video imbedded in BOS.
1) Are others having the same issue?
2) Has anyone found a solution to this?
www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    I have the same problem on my Samsung note2. Never tried to find a fix.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,880 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Wont even show up on my iPhone with latest iOS. Just a big blank spot bellow the posters name and/or comments. Been that way since the get.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,435 Mega Baller
    Well, if it makes you feel any better - they don't play on my Windows phone either, just a box.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    don't work on my iPhone or iPad either. Youtube works fine.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    From research I've now learned that Vimeo is aware of the problem, and has been for many months. They are working on it. In the meantime, maybe we should stick to YouTube on BOS until Vimeo comes up with a fix. Too bad cause Vimeo is a great service.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,013 Mega Baller
    edited August 2014
    They do not work in the mobile forum. It's an embedding thing. @horton can talk to the developers about it
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,120 Administrator
    You are bringing this up today?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

E_T
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 741 Crazy Baller
    @SkiJay‌ if you are talking minute mondays with the Wilson brothers. It works on the front page
    Travis Torley
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    I was actually @skier2788. Thanks for that. Cool clip.
  • drewski32drewski32 Posts: 218 Baller
    i just get a black screen on my s4