All 16 Big Dawg Finalists tested negative

Got this information from an email from George Levien to Harald.
Teresa Wiwchar, Skiin' on my own damn lake!
thager

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 32,345 Administrator
    Unfortunately some of the PEDS that are suspected do not show in pee. Some require the skier to stop taking it a week or two in advance. HGH is basically undetectable.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

The_MSE_TMrs_MS
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,844 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Is there a plan for a positive test? Ban? Rerun the finals so clean guys get another shot? Shame the skier?
    sunperchBradyMrs_MS
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,517 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2014
    Not really even sure how this matters... The best skier of this generation looks like a scrawny little weakling but that guy can flat out ski.

Seems like the best PED out there for skiing is weight loss and maybe height.
    Brady
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Monkey arms. Find a drug that gives you monkey arms.
    Jim Ross
    SkihackBradyIlivetoski
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,538 Mega Baller
    Is there some "technique" drug I don't know about? Can't for the life of me figure out how strength or stamina enhancing PEDs, blood doping, etc, would really help someone. Or is this another disquised desperate attempt for justifying a shot at the Olympics black hole? Stir gently.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    edited September 2014
    It's about frequency with which one can train & fully recover In contrast to those not taking PED's. If you could train with twice the frequency for twice the duration, your ability to improve increases drastically. Whether it were EPO, test, or other, essentially the benefit to skiing isn't as much about strength as it is about recovery and increasing the duration of activity before muscles tire. I will say added strength could aid all of the above plus help mitigate injury such as tendinitis due to added strength around tendons. I know this subject is played out, just responding to Thagers question
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • T-fromTOT-fromTO Posts: 117 Baller
    Wow, 2 dislikes! I genuinely thought people might be interested to know but I guess I was mistaken. I'll be quiet now.
    Teresa Wiwchar, Skiin' on my own damn lake!
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,517 Crazy Baller
    Even the strength and stamina allowing more training debate is kind of bogus... After 2-3 sets, the skin on my hands is more worn out than my muscles.
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    @Waternut - we all have different problems. I know a lot of guys who ski their tails off and hands are not a major problem for them, but tendinitis is, and there bodies break down whether they want to admit it or not - and they ski tired and poorly as a result. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but there is a benefit for those willing to cheat
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,191 Crazy Baller
    Pretend for a second someone tested positive. They get banned for a year, life, whatever. Its a given that that person would face consequences. What would it do the face of the Big Dawg? Someone was able to compete and probably win... It took a big internal push to even get some testing. What do the sponsers say to this? Surely they cant just turn a blind eye to it.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 7,041 Mega Baller
    I really hate to throw down a Dislike on a valid news post, so I didn't. But I can definitely see the animosity toward this topic and generally agree with MS that I don't care -- or at least I sure don't want to care!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    E_TBrady
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 4,008 Infinite Pandas
    @Texas6‌ Treating tendinitis is cheating? I hope you are never my doctor.

Maybe if you are a kid using PEDs to swim extra laps or run extra sprints at the expense of your long term health, you are cheating. But Big Dawgs are old guys with jobs or businesses to run. Time to train excessively just doesn't exist - even if your body can handle it (through any means). Is it a good thing to restrict medicines that might allow an old guy some quality of life (like being able to walk to the starting dock - or walk at all)?

Many PEDs have theraputic uses that are athletically acceptable. Chris Froome won a bike race this year while taking Prednisone with a TUE. Sad that the Big Dawg testing had no provision for allowing useful medicines.

@T-fromTO‌ This issue is bad for the sport on many levels. We were hoping it would go away.

Eric
    E_Tjipster43MJ1TylerRWaternut
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,345 Administrator
    edited September 2014
    @eleeski‌ you still do not understand. I could explain again but you still would not grasp it.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆DBSkis ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆GiveGo ☆MasterCraft ☆ Masterline 

Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Texas6
  • Mrs_MSMrs_MS Posts: 408 Mega Baller
    @MS‌
    Old Geezer Ski Assn!
    I just spit my coffee! Lol
    I ski for fun, just the wife!
    walleyeskosneyAlvin_Neffkstateskier