Look out Worlds....Ya, he tricks really well too.

WishWish Posts: 8,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited September 2014 in Trick and Jump
will he jump as well.... hmmmmm? Amazing!! You're welcome @eleeski‌

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
JohnCox

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,585 Mega Baller
    klindy
  • WishWish Posts: 8,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    He said yesterday was the first day in 2 years. Looked like he never stopped to me.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,945 Administrator
    line tricks. Classic

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ 

Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

• WishWish Posts: 8,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    He said back in the day he had just started flips when skiers first started doing them but never landed one. He said todays teachings of how to do them makes them much easier to learn. He also said he had no real reason to do so. Makes sense considering he can pull off 6000 in line tricks. At least that's the number that was tossed around on the dock. Impressive.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 4,013 Infinite Pandas
    Sweet! Excellent trick skills. Crossover explains why he slaloms so well.
    Eric
  • 94009400 Posts: 646 Crazy Baller
    Somewhere I have video of him jumping from the early 80s. If I remember correctly, the best jumpers were 180-185 in good conditions and he was around 170ish. I bet Ed Brazil has more info.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,846 Mega Baller
    Seems I remember he stopped jumping after a bad crash at worlds years ago. Again, will have to call on Ed for full history.

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    He was trick training 2 years ago around this time for those senior worlds, so he's probably about right about the timing. I was fortunate enough to roll up on Mapple ski lake just as he and Aiden were about to run a trick set and needed a spotter. pretty cool watching the GOAT feel like a mortal on the short board! My first time meeting the man too.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,440 Mega Baller
    As a junior skier, I believe he won World Overall titles. This goes back to late 70's or 1980. Then he won the
    World slalom title at like 18 years old or something crazy, beating Bob Lapoint as a teenager. Don't forget Deena was a tricking beast as well.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,064 Mega Baller
    That is an awesome trick run to watch. Definitely old school.

Mark Shaffer