Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dock Talk On The TXi

Comments

• DWDW Posts: 2,141 Mega Baller
    @Chad: the forward engine placement should also slightly improve the wake, worked for me on my boat when I moved the fuel tank. Looking forward to seeing one.
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 177 Baller
    I still have my 14. @MrJones bought my 13. Equipped the same 261 hours priced under what I
    have in it. Great driving boat. Never titled. Boat was used for slalom at 14 nationals. For more info it is on ski-it-again. Vapor, Black and White. It is a Promo but it is listed in the reg boat section.

Jeff Lindsey
    kstateskier
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,384 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I'm not seeing your boat on SIA Jeff? Are you in MO?
    Scott Calderwood
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,819 Mega Baller
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Thanks! Not sure how I missed it. Great looking boat.
    Scott Calderwood
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    Looks like it might be SMRR.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    Yes that is Jeff's boat at SMRR -- of course mine is better:

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Promo_Boat&postid=29875

I may be sleeping on back porch on next vist for that...
  • auskierauskier Posts: 457 Baller
    Another comment on the Aussie built boats..
    The early TXIs did not track great and there was a great variance from boat to boat in how the track and sit in the course. Many of them seem to sit nose high and tend to float, even with some weight in the front. I have driven 5 or 6 2013 and 14 TXIs and there seems to have been a continuing improvement since the first year of them. Maybe it was just those boats, but the promos I drove of that year, it was near impossible to keep rhythm and feel with the skier. Every American made response I have driven has tracked much better than any Aussie built boat. What they do differently to our boats, I do not know. But I have no doubt that it is a lot more than the little rudder tab!
    Despite all that, I think the build and material quality is much better in our boats.
    Toby
    Horton
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,365 Crazy Baller
    Obviously they are built from different molds, so therein lies the difference. Why all molds are not the same with today's technology is a mystery.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Horton
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 509 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Malibu will be producing the Aussie built boats now They recently purchased the plant in Australia and will be manufacturing the boats in Australia as well. Should see much improvement in quality control
    kstateskier
    @swc5150 yes that is my boat I am in San Marcos. Need to move it.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,919 Mega Baller
    FRP maufacturing in some ways is still a black art to perform repetitiously in a cost effective manor. Climate conditions and adherence to layup schedule play a big part in consistency percentages.
    Lets start with the initial molding process. We are going to lay up 4 20' hull molds from a master, most of the time it can take up to three weeks to deliver the 4th mold to production service. Humidity changes along with the heat cycles the master plug encounters have a effect on exactness of the mirror part. Now the 4 molds are in service being utilized by two different layup crews and sometimes shifts. Again the heat cycles as the resins harden in the mold along with mold repair and reconditioning after every part pull over time has a destructive impact on the correctness of the part 30 cycles down the line.
    To bad someone has not come up with a stamped Aluminum ski boat!

As far as the TXI, I never met one I did not like!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

MattPHorton
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,519 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2014
    @Jody_Seal‌ maybe you can convince Pavoti to try to build one - although it would be welded not stamped.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • auskierauskier Posts: 457 Baller
    @Chat_Scott I dont see it as a quality control issue, but rather a setup issue. The overwhelming majority of response ski boats will never pass through a slalom course in Australia. They set them up to be an awesome sporty feeling boat for the wally's.
    Toby
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 758 Crazy Baller
    I like pretty much everything about the TXi. If they gave it the Mastercraft style gunnel ski racks and similar Zero Off interface that would be cool.
    6ballskstateskier
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,051
    Bob Grizzi
    ozski
    @Moskier3ev‌
    With your boat never having been titled, does that mean the entire factory warranty apply?
    Scott Calderwood
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,348 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The interior makes the boat feel smaller than it is in comparison to MC and CC. There is less walk around room and when I ski in a BU all the skis and gear still end up on the floor behind the driver's seat. For that reason love the MC ski racks, like the side lockers on the CC as well. Without the rear facing seat extension I find the BU a little snuggly there with two observers. My guess is most non-skiers or recreational skiers would favor the interior of the BU.

They all could use the MC ZO interface. All are great ski boats.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,682
    What does everyone think about the switch to PCM?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

I hope the Crusader (PCM) is as strong as the Indmar.
    Surely someone on this thread has driven and or skied behind a '15 TXi with Crusader power?
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,115 Mega Baller
    @Dacon62‌ I have skied a good number of sets behind the new 6L motor and have a slalom and trick PB behind it as well. It had a very nice pull and plenty of power.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,009 Mega Baller
    @6balls the inside of the TXi definitely seems much smaller than the Prostar or 200. I know the boat is 2 inches narrower but there seems to be less space than that differential. I think the Prostar has done a great job opening up the interior of the boat.

I have never been out on the lake for a morning in a Prostar or a 200 though they don't fit on to my lake so I don't have a sense for how much of a difference it makes in the real world I have only driven them in tournaments when there isn't any crap in the boat.
    Mark Shaffer
    edited December 2014
    @oldjeep‌...keep an eye on Pavati. They are currently establishing dealers and pushing some very innovative and unique wake board boats into the market place. If they do well there then maybe they will look at the smaller slalom market. I sure would like to see them give it a crack and see what they come up with. Would be cool to have something unique like an all/mostly aluminum direct drive hit the market.
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    @swc5150 if you're looking for a TXI thats been cared for - look no further than @Moskier3ev‌ . Jeff and Tina take extremely good care of their boats. I've ski'd behind and driven every one of their boats since 2005 and would own any one of them. And yes usually boats that have not been titled have the full warranty allowance when titled as new.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
    Ed_Obermeier
    Thanks @kstateskier‌
    Full warranty would be nice. A well cared for boat even better! My wife and I can't decide if we want save and go with a TSC1 for the next summer or two, or buy new or newer. With a 6 month old baby, it's a guess as to how much we'll get on the water? With that said, I'm amazed at how beat up the majority of used boats we've looked at are. We owned an MC once for 9 years, and it looked as good the day we sold it as the day it was delivered new. I don't understand how people can let such a high-priced item deteriorate like we've seen. Truly sad!
    Scott Calderwood
    @swc5150 the warranty would transfer. There is an inspection done by the dealer that I had done for @MrJones last year. It verifies the condition of the boat and engine for the warranty. My son Drew is home this week doing a full showroom detail on the boat. I am real motivated to move this one. Negotiable.

Thanks Brad for giving more info. I have not been on BOS since Drew got home. Water was 68 air low 70s over the weekend. Got a little skiing in. This boat is the best TXI I have had. Drives great.

Just call me for more information.

512-557-9258

Jeff Lindsey
    kstateskier
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    If Drew has cleaned it -- it will be better than factory clean!

Good boat, somebody buy it
    kstateskier
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,819 Mega Baller
    @Moskier3ev‌, do you know how sales tax would work on a interstate purchase? If someone from Michigan bought the boat, do they pay Texas tax or Michigan tax? It seems to me that they pay the tax in the state where they title and register it, but I wasn't sure.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.