Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC buys PCM

behindpropellersbehindpropellers Posts: 188 Baller
Just heard CC bought PCM engines.

I give it 12-24 months till we see another drastic price increase.
E_T

Comments

• chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    So does this mean that CC can now indirectly control costs at Malibu?
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?
  • chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    Here's a link to when @Jody_Seal broke the news earlier today, and to tie the two threads together: ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/11990/interesting
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,094 Baller
    @behindpropellers, Looks like we will both be hanging on to our boats for a while. Thanks again for the pull this summer!!!
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 604 Crazy Baller
    Wonder if any of the other boat makers using PCM will consider other engines because of this?
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,417 Mega Baller
    edited October 2014
    @Rawski There are really only 2 towboat mfg that I know of. Malibu uses crusader in the 2015 Response and all 2015 Axis boats, and Supreme uses them too.

I'm curious to see if Malibu was already planning on only using the PCM/Crusader short term in the Response until they figured out how to jam the Indmar Raptor engine in there or if PCM/Crusader was the long term solution.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • eurosporteurosport Posts: 52 Baller
    @oldjeep Im pretty sure Centurion is using PCM as well...@Horton?
  • E_TE_T Posts: 606 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    Inmar and ilmor are both motor suppliers as well
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,846 Infinite Pandas
    V6's or 4's?
    @eurosport‌ guess so, I was just looking at the Guardian page where they had Malibu/axis/supreme listed. Looks like PCM supplies a few international folks too.
    http://www.pcmengines.com/partners/
    Chuck P
  • E_TE_T Posts: 606 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    @eleeski‌ 8's!!!! Big gas drinkin hp pounding torque monsters
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 604 Crazy Baller
    Centurion switched to PCMs a few years ago and looks like they are going to stick with them for the foreseeable future.
    http://www.centurionboats.com/news/pcm-marine-engines-centurion.html
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,615 Administrator
    I am willing to bet a case of beer that there will not be an earthquake in the PCM customer base.
    Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

6balls
  • McGruderMcGruder Posts: 27 Baller
    Purchasing PCM by CC is a brilliant move on CC's part. Good business. What ShaneH said above. Right on point. Horton is right, too. Not even a tremor in the PCM customer base. Good to see this for a lot of reasons.
  • auskierauskier Posts: 453 Baller
    If it gives CC greater control to develop things more then it could be great for the sport. Imagine developments like more integration with ZO for things like fuel management. The boat goes out the gates, and the driver disengages, ZO/ECU closes down 2 cylinders until the beeper goes for the next pass or the boat goes back into gear... start stop technology... better interior ergonomics by altering motor hardware positioning... better torque curves and engine mapping for specific props, hulls etc etc. Someone with a lot more knowledge of engine technology could come up with a lot more reasons than me.
    Toby
    MattPWish
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,846 Infinite Pandas
    @auskier‌ Good line of thought. Of course, a smaller lighter cleaner hull would do more for fuel economy...
    HortonMattPDragoTylerR
    Adding a complicated MDS type system to a boat engine wouldn't be anything I would be in favor of. Just more stuff to break, and at least in my V8 truck doesn't make enough of a difference in fuel economy to be worth the complexity.
    Chuck P
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,615 Administrator
    @eleeski‌ hello my name is @Horton. I do not think we have met. Your above post is lucid and logical. You should visit this website more often
    Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

edited October 2014
    Sounds like @eleeski wants one of these:
    Weight: 1950 lbs.
    http://www.gekkosports.com/#!gts-20/c1n7q

Definitely a little boat that it looks like you sit on top of, not in. Never gotten to ski behind one, but I've gotten to see some pretty good skiers ski behind one.
    Chuck P