What is THE one ski you want to demo?

Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,365 Crazy Baller
edited October 2014 in Skis Fins Bindings
Vote for the manufacture and list the model below.

The max poll options it 10 so, I had to group some brands.

What is THE one ski you want to demo? 131 votes

HO
9%
GarnTimWWlundbergaussiemckurtswerv_6Bill22JWebSkiwtrskiorbschippszyokesTEL 12 votes
Radar
10%
skidawgMarcoslalom frogBulldogMAGswc5150dtm8119dbskiMurrskiSkoot1123MoggiejpattigroldjeepPorkfight 14 votes
D3
6%
DaveDDragohogexpressski4xtcakale15schaferDefectiveDavepgmooreNickD 9 votes
Goode
8%
DWDeanoskiIlivetoskiampacdanZmanh2oskierGOODESkierBrennanKMNsupersonicusOldManRiverColinWiedmer 11 votes
Mapple
43%
thagerEd_Obermeierjedgellski6jonesmlangedislandblockChuck_DickeyslowChef23skibrainToddASteven HainesBoneHeadThan_BoganwcalrobertsjimbrakeAliGAJ0004TWB 57 votes
Connelly, O'brien
6%
A_BDanEWishALPJrBMG73dtmrockdogDano 8 votes
Reflex, Blue Sky (Warp), Raptor, Monte Carlo
11%
scotchipmanskiepLZywicki1MattPskialexlondonskierKMjayskijackskiMSricoE_TCReckardColeGiacopuzziStathis Ventouris 15 votes
Razor, Sans Rival, MR
1%
TylerRscuppers 2 votes
My name is Horton; every new ski just arrives at my door.
1%
HortonLittleRipper 2 votes
Jobe, KD....Other
0%
zippin_2 1 vote
Horton

Comments

• Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,365 Crazy Baller
    HO
    For me I have an infatuation with the HO Co-X & CX. Their marketing with the step bottom / speed skin has me hooked. Also, Horton & ballers have given them great reviews.

The new Senate with the Vapor shape is a close 2nd .
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 666 Crazy Baller
    Mapple
    Mapple T series
    Travis Torley
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,913 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Radar
    I'm really curious how the Vapor skis.
    Scott Calderwood
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,394 Crazy Baller
    Radar
    Unfortunately, I couldn't vote for 2. I am currently on the 6.0, which I love, and will definitely give the T-series a try at some point, but for a completely different ski, I, like @swc5150, find the Vapor really intriguing. A lot of people are skiing really well on it.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,978 Mega Baller
    Radar
    I'd like to try a Vapor, just to see how big a difference it is from a Senate and if all that extra $$$$$ buys anything useful for a intermediate at best skier.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Bill22
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,038 Administrator
    edited October 2014
    I hope to review Reflex, MC and V Type next year. I will start dialing in a 2015 Vapor this weekend. Also looking forward to LITHIUM Senate

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Bill22
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,764 Mega Baller
    Radar
    Have demoed the Mapple 6.1, would love to try the T2 - BUT I hear a lot of good things about the Radar Vapor and must say I'd like to demo that ski!
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 316 Baller
    Mapple
    On a Mapple 6.0 now, really want to try a T-Series. Maybe in the Spring.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    ski6jones
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Lead me not into temptation! Having just bought my T2, I cannot consider anything on this thread! Planning to start slaying another line next year!
    Jim Ross
  • skialexskialex Posts: 673 Crazy Baller
    Reflex, Blue Sky (Warp), Raptor, Monte Carlo
    I would like to ride MC and Warp!
    HO
    @Razorskier1‌ in the honeymoon others are less tempting.

@Horton as a -15 / 34mph guy, I will be looking forward to the LITHIUM Senate review.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,192 Mega Baller
    Mapple
    With the current buzz, I'm surprised everyone didn't vote to demo a Mapple Torque.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Goode
    I started on a MID-RIDE 3 years ago, and would like to try a Goode Nano OneXTM. The Mid just seemed so effortless to ski. I wasn't into 38' OFF yet, but wonder what it might feel like now.........
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • GarnGarn Posts: 409 Solid Baller
    HO
    Really would like to hear about HO's V-Type.
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 391 Baller
    Razor, Sans Rival, MR
    It looks like I'm the only one to choose Razor, Sans Rival, MR - All the USA skis are relatively easy to get a demo on here in Florida so I chose the ones that you'd have to "buy to try"!
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • zyokeszyokes Posts: 20 Baller
    HO
    I'm real interested in trying out the new cx. Love the idea and wanna give it a shot.
  • PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    edited October 2014
    Radar
    I want to try the new Senate shape. I'm on the Strada-shaped Senate C and the Vapor-based Senate seems universally loved.

Mapple Torque would be fun too, but not nece$$ary for a primarily open water skier.
    ALPJr
  • TELTEL Posts: 167 Baller
    HO
    Demo ski's this year Vapor, Quest, Helix, Maples 6, 6.1,A3, S2 what a blast. I took 16 years off from skiing and got back on my old KD last year. This year when I felt some what consistent it was time to demo. I am working on 28 off 34mph. I ended up with the Helix very fast ski, I did like the A3 and it was a hard choice between the two. Will demo the HO V type in the next 2 weeks when performance gets in their demo. After reading reviews on this site I will say your choice between long and short line will be different. My first post on BOS.
    DirtBill22bogboySkoot1123
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @scuppers -- you could try my son's 68 inch Razor A68 -- all you have to do is make an offer!
    Jim Ross
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,778 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Now that my rellie's are on Mapples...I will demo both their 6.0 and their T2 next season after getting warmed up on the trusty Razor A68 and moving my bindings over (granted they will let me ski on their sticks...if not will do it when they are not looking).
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Razor, Sans Rival, MR
    @Razorskier1‌ - Yea that's just my point - I want to "try BEFORE I buy". 68 is to big for me anyway.
    HO
    @scuppers‌ out of Razor, Sans Rival, MR is the Razor your top pick?
    @Bill22‌ this is the best thread in a while. Email me your address & I will send you some swag. [email protected]

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

edited October 2014
    Razor, Sans Rival, MR
    @Bill22 - Not really, Based on the poll question I was just choosing skis I'll never get a chance to demo. I really don't know anything about any of the three but I like the girl in the Sans Rival advert. If it's about looks I'm all over that - by the way those Sans Rival adds tell you absolutely nothing about the ski. I guess they're selling the lifestyle
    zyokes
    edited October 2014
    HO
    @scuppers‌ that makes sense if you live in FL and can demo almost any US ski.
    rodecon
    HO
    @Horton‌ Thanks!
  • DanEDanE Posts: 807 Crazy Baller
    Connelly, O'brien
    Connelly GT anyone? With all the buzz that went on about the latest iterations of the Prophecy and @JoelHowley‌ killing it on the GT I'm surprised no one voted for it?
    JWebSkiJJRjipster43
    I guess they're selling the lifestyle

That is exactly the way Alex from SR thinks

• DanEDanE Posts: 807 Crazy Baller
    Connelly, O'brien
    My bad, just saw a couple of votes (allthough they could be for Obrien)
  • WishWish Posts: 7,160 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Connelly, O'brien
    @DonE GT is the next to test for me.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    rodecon