Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom Bimini Top

ozskiozski Posts: 1,715
Just thought I would share, this custom Bimini works a treat and its so solid I don't even bother to take it down for road driving. Zero strap flap and it folds down in seconds if you need to get some sun.

'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

JJVDMZNSkiJaySkoot1123bogboyA_BJordanMaroochy Marine Covers

Comments

• karenhenry04karenhenry04 Posts: 5 New Baller
    edited November 2014
    The bimini top is awesome.

It will look great on boat, I bought boat cover which fits properly bimini top and boat.

Where do you buy top and what is the price? :)
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 221 Baller
    ?? I would also like to know where you got that from. I need one for a ski centurion
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,715
    I don't recall what I paid but it was not cheap being a custom job. http://maroochymarinecovers.com.au/ski-boat-bimini-tops-wake-tower-tops-ski-and-wake-racks/ You will need to contact them direct to see if they would put a kit together for your boat.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

• Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,065 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @ozski‌, do you have any photos of it in the down position? I really like this design!
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    I also am interested in seeing it down. From the pic above it seems like it can't be down and be out of the way.
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    @ozski‌ , sweet design, coverage, and height clearance.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,241 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Isn't this the kind MC is now using?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    edited November 2014
    @wish No MC is a unique design. I think that one looks more like the Centurion. These are pics of my ProStar Bimini.
    Pull a couple pins and it's off and laid on the floor of the boat or in the garage. Very simple to deploy or to stow. Very clean system.
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 2,052 Mega Baller
    WOW - @chuck_dickey - every time I see that boat. That is a GEM!!
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    @Skoot1123 That's exactly what I was thinking. That boat is flashy and classy at the same time. I can only afford boats that are over 15 years old, so I know what I am going to be dreaming about for the next 15 years.
    The Bimini in my response does not fold out of the way all that well. You can leave one screw in each side and fold it back for transport but I usually just take them all out and throw it on the floor of the boat when I want it down. It either comes skiing for the day or stays at home. Its made of heavier grade tubing than any US made top that I have seen. The setup on the new MC looks clever and I like the way its out of way when not in use.

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 975 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Too high for Florida.
    Tower Bimini.
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 474 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @skierjp that is the same bimini we have on our 200, low profile, that's really stable, silver spray sports did ours.
    Yes, Jeff uses Tower biminis.
    ColeGiacopuzzi
  • SethroSethro Posts: 328 Crazy Baller
    @ozski, thanks for posting the picture. If you are able to post a few more angles that would be great! Ever since I saw the Centurion Carbon Pro bimini, I knew that is what I wanted. Yours is very similar.
    Here you go.

kstateskier
  • SethroSethro Posts: 328 Crazy Baller
    Very Nice! Thank you. Any idea on the exact length of the screws into the windshield frame?
  • Big thanks for the post you made about the Bimini I made for the Malibu I just come across this as a person in the U.S wanted one. If anyone would like more info please give me a call. 07 5479 5622 thanks Matt
    Maroochy Marine Covers
    www.maroochymarinecovers.com.au
    ozski
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Is there some kind of kit that you can convert an existing bimini to a strapless one?
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • No sorry each cover is different we need the Bimini and boat to do any modifications.
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 221 Baller
    Hey Matt, I sent you a email
  • Yes got your email.
    As I'm based in Australia I need to look into getting shipping to the U.S these are large in size so I think it maybe too expensive but if there is anyone out who may be able to help with this please email me at

[email protected]
    Thanks Matt
    MJ1