Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad ZO Puck

TELTEL Posts: 418 Crazy Baller
Have a bad ZO puck on my 2008 CC 196. Diagnostic test shows failed 2 puck, not sure were to buy a replacement at a good price.

Comments

• buoyboy1buoyboy1 Posts: 131 Baller
    Before replacing them, unplug the puck connectors and reconnect. I was also getting fail messages on both pucks and for some odd reason both of mine have been working fine ever sense. If not, there are some Garmin ones on Amazon that you can pick up for 1/3 of what ZO is selling them for. Good Luck.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,433 Crazy Baller
    Will those generic Garmins work right out of the box with ZO?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • TELTEL Posts: 418 Crazy Baller
    buoyboy1- Thanks, will try and unplug and reconnect. I did see the Garmin ones it looks like you have to replace the connects to connect to ZO. Do they work or is there some kind of programming needed. Has anyone tried this?
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    edited November 2014
    I thought I heard that GPS pucks have firmware that can be set up differently based in read priority! If I understand it correctly, this mean they can be flashed to read speed first and location secondarily. This is important to maintain the most constant speed.

The second way they are flashed is location priority, which causes speed fluctuations.

Perfect Pass pucks work well and are less money than ZO.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,244 Mega Baller
    Perfect Pass has a direct replacement puck for the ZO application at half the cost of what ZO wants for the gold weighted puke they sell. I mean puck!
    I just cant believe how much these little gold weighted items cost and the ramification when they don't work!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• rfarfa Posts: 266 Baller
    edited November 2014
    Replaced the two pucks on my '08LXi this summer. Called ZO tech support. He told me the price of new pucks AND without my prompt said I should be able to find them for less money elsewhere. Gave me the part # GArmin GPS18x-5Hz. At that time, the cheapest I found was at www.gpscity.com...$139.95. Installed them and ZO system worked fine immediately.
    Rui Afonso
    Horton
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,244 Mega Baller
    word on the street Skip Dunlap in lake Wales Florida has an economical option over the gold standard ZO pucks.
    Skip Dunlap 863 605 0340.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• TELTEL Posts: 418 Crazy Baller
    Thanks rfa, I talked to Garmin Tech support they said that the replacement puck they carry is the same and will work right out of the box. at $139. I will go that rout.
    Replaced both of mine this summer. The cheapest I found was at http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=gps+18x+5hz+high-sensitivity

Garmin OEM GPS 18x High-Sensitivity 5Hz Sensor with Bare Wire Connection
    $139.95
    Model: 010-00321-37 SKU: OEM18X5HZ

Rui Afonso
    Replaced both of mine this summer. Cheapest I found was at
    http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=gps+18x+5hz+high-sensitivity

$139.95

Rui Afonso

$139.95

Rui Afonso

$139.95

Rui Afonso

1. Garmin OEM GPS 18x High-Sensitivity 5Hz Sensor with Bare Wire Connection

$139.95

Rui Afonso
    Replaced two on mine this summer. Cheapest I found was at
    www.gpscity.com

$139.95

Rui Afonso
    Replaced both on my '08 LXi this summer...the cheapest i found were at

$139.95

Rui Afonso
    Replaced both of mine on my '08 LXi this summer...cheapest i found were at www.gpscity.com.
    $139
    Model: 010-00321-37 SKU: OEM18X5HZ (high sensitivity)
    (this is the exact model used by ZO)
    Rui Afonso
    Replaced both of mine this summer on my '08LXi...cheapest i found were at gpscity.com
    $139
    model: 010-00321-37 SKU: OEM18x5hz

Rui Afonso
    I had to replace my two pucks this summer on my '08 LXi...called ZO tech support and after telling me the cost for a new puck and without my prompt, he told me i should find the same exact part much less expensive elsewhere...then gave me the part number - Garmin GPS 18x-5Hz. At that time, the cheapest i found was at www.gpscity.com for $139.95...bought two, installed and system ran perfectly immediately.
    Rui Afonso
    I replaced the two pucks on my '08LXi this summer. Called ZO tech support and after he told me the cost of the new pucks AND without my prompt, told me i should find the same puck for lees money elsewhere. Gave me the part # Garmin GPS18x-5Hz. At the time the cheapest I found was at www.gpscity.com...$139.95. Installed them and ZO system worked immediately.

Side note...for some reason i wasn't able to post here but @Horton hopefully fixed it...Not sure how to delete the two blank posts above
    Rui Afonso