Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'97 Worlds

LuzzLuzz Posts: 482 Open or 55K Rated Skier
Time to do some history homework for this guy. By the way, Rick Kjellander had a sick style!

1997 Worlds Colombia
Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
ski6jones9400Jody_Seal

Comments

• jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,021 Mega Baller
    That was super cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,007 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Patrice...no vest??

And the best line of the video... "11.25..a different kettle of fish" Gonna change my tag line to that.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Luzz
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    nice video. never saw patrice martin slalom before reminds me a bit of wim decree.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 834 Mega Baller
    @mwetskier‌ there's a video on youtube of Patrice Martin running -39. A bit hairy onside turns but very fun to watch. Fun to see him podium in slalom.

Mike Kjellander has to be the most asymmetrical pro in history. Pretty timid offside but one heck of a fun onside to watch.

Thanks @Luzz‌ !!
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    edited November 2014
    kjellander is definitely asymmetrical but the * most * asymmetrical of all time would have to be wayne van wey. hes the only guy i ever saw who would slam dunk on his off side -actually slamming his chest onto the water at shorter line lengths. wish i had a video of him to post here.
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 841 Mega Baller
    Wayne Van Wey, Medford, Oregon's most famous water skier! I'd love to see some old video of him.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,909 Mega Baller
    @wish. Patrice was wearing flotation....very minimal but yes flotation under that speed suit. Funny I remember a Tournament at Travers around that time the Chief judge and safety director made Patrice put on his "flotation" and they asked him to prove it floated him. Patrice was quite aggravated about the test but they allowed him to ski with the equipment afterward.

Also the 97 worlds may have been the first time Perfect Pass was utilized in a world tournament.
    I was at the 93 Worlds in Singapore they used hand driving, 95 Worlds the Hobbs Speed control system.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Wish
  • CamCam Posts: 330 Solid Baller
    Just uploaded the 97 Ladies final @Luzz‌
    9400Luzz
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,434 Crazy Baller
    The best way to describe Steve Cockeram's style would be "casual"! His off-side turns are sooo relaxed and patient.
    Luzz
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,021 Mega Baller
    Awesome seeing the TSC1 boats in their prime!
    Wish
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 482 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Cam‌ .. there goes my dissertation work for the evening... hahaha. Thanks btw
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
    Cam
  • love watching the old videos. thanks!
  • 2 ''boys'' at 11 meters