Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does your Husband/Wife or Boyfriend/Girlfriend drive the boat?

HortonHorton Posts: 28,318 Administrator
edited December 2014 in News & Other Stuff
Last option should say

No one loves me OR I trade then in before they learn to drive.
This is mostly for @Shane‌

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Does your Husband/Wife or Boyfriend/Girlfriend drive the boat? 164 votes

Yes and they are happy to do it
64%
skidawgDekeDWMarcodislandkstateskieranimalSkiRVLZywicki1Bruce_Butterfieldjhughes9400wcalrobertsrq0013slalom frogT-fromTOLakeOneSkierMAD11jmvana1ToddL 105 votes
Yes and they are NOT happy to do it
9%
thagercountymountieBobFlpskierTNh2oskierfu_manskihartkurtskihackerskihardjetpilotg4Stejcraftbensmaloradkh2oskierDanohooscal15 16 votes
No they do not
23%
HortonauskierDaveDski6jonesskibugscotchipmanChuck_DickeyAlberto SoaresA_BChef23CamPhil2360Steven_HainesKelvinThan_BoganAndrelondonskierLieutenant DanraynJordan 38 votes
No one loves me ot I trade then in before they learn to drive
3%
ForrestGumpRpc29MattPTylerRRAWSki 5 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,437 Mega Baller
    My wife drives the boat when I free ski, she will not drive a boat in the course because she gets too nervous in tight quarters.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • CamCam Posts: 322 Solid Baller
    No they do not
    My wife used to drive for me back in the 80's before she lost interest, I must have p****d her of about something as she just stopped.
    Even though she has started skiing again and running the course she has absolutely no interest in getting back behind the wheel again.
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,687 Mega Baller
    Like pulling teeth! Wife and daughter are very good just not enthused. Even pay my daughter every set. Still not wild about it.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    CamHortonswc5150
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,181 Mega Baller
    No they do not
    Should say "heck" no.
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,155 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited December 2014
    She hadn't driven for me in 5 years and seemed like a good time to get her back in the seat. In the first pass she could hear me laughing as I rounded 3 ball. She took it like a champ and was laughing too. Since then she got used to it and does just fine.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,664 Mega Baller
    No they do not
    Many years ago, my wife drove me free skiing with our original I/O. She hasn't driven any of the tournament boats, not even to idle them away from the trailer or assist in launching.

I also haven't asked her while we still have young kids. We've spaced them apart enough that we've always had some young ones over the last 25+ years. She would be way too nervous to drive and not be able to concentrate her full attention on them. Maybe when the last ones get older we'll revisit this.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • jerrymjerrym Posts: 72 Baller
    No they do not
    My wife will not even get in a boat with me anymore. She has her horse, I have a ski club...we get on just fine!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,523 Mega Baller
    No they do not
    My wife was even a good driver before perfect pass, but has almost no interest in driving, so I picked the "no" option.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • skihardskihard Posts: 556 Crazy Baller
    Mine doesn't always like too but she will when I can't get one of the boys too.
    Life's about working hard and then having fun on the water!
    I am - are you?
  • zyokeszyokes Posts: 20 Baller
    My girlfriend drives and is happy as long as I drive for her
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    My wife is an excellent driver, and we have a deal that she drives me whenever I ask her to, and I drive for her whenever she wants to ski. It helps that our dock is 300' from our house, so driving for a set can be a quick event if need be, no time spent driving to the lake, launching the boat, etc...
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,972 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    No they do not
    My wife hasn't picked it up or shown an interest. I don't have a shortage of drivers though and my son has started to drive the course.
    Mark Shaffer
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 361 Crazy Baller
    My wife doesn't mind. She would just rather have someone else do it, especially if in the course, but we're working on it.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I am very lucky to have her drive for me just about whenever. She is one of the best drivers on my lake and with short set ups and a spin in, it is no easy task. Before PP she would throttle, and time as I mounted a stop watch where the throttle hand ended up at 36mph. Reached over with her finger and..tap. Hand never left the throttle.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,848 Mega Baller
    Mrs. Jody and I had a come to Jesus about having a good attitude over a year ago. Now she is glad to drive and actually in the course is pretty darn good. let's see what the 2015 season brings.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

MattP
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    And my wife is an EXCELLENT driver, too!

Note: Even when she is a little off her game, she is still an EXCELLENT driver! (I'd never say otherwise...)
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • animalanimal Posts: 89 Baller
    She is a great driver and expects the return favor as she skis as much as me, and then tricks on top of it.
    Wish
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    as I reflect on it, I'm the luckiest guy alive! Great wife who is a great driver and will pull me anytime the lake is free. Without her I'd never get the two sets a day I get before work!
    Jim Ross
    Wish
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,566 Mega Baller
    That was one of the conditions before we got married - she had to be able to drive. Now my daughter is an even better driver.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • marknmarkn Posts: 240 Crazy Baller
    It has been a long journey, but my wife has become one excellent driver; not only in the course, but on the ends...perfect. I was a senior driver and she has pulled more 38's and 39's than I have!! She is my favorite ski partner. MWN
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,013 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    No they do not
    My wife used to until I got hurt once when she was driving. She's convinced it was her fault despite endless reassurance from me that it wasn't.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • BRYBRY Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    Wife is a very good driver. Drivers don't feel any better in tournaments, more than a few not as good. She learned back in the hand throttle days so thinks it's way easier now with a 200 and ZO. And she skies too.
  • twhispertwhisper Posts: 105 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    My wife is a badass driver. Made from scratch. Took a bit of time, but unbelievable now.
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    I'm teaching her (slowly)
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 48 Baller
    my wife drives and we can not get her out of the drivers seat, fantastic!
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,014 Crazy Baller
    My wife is an excellent driver
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    OK, we need something for these great female drivers. Hat, probably not, t-shirt..maybe, coffee thermos..perhaps. Something to makes their driving experience better (new boat does not count) or get them to smile and realize just how appreciated they are. Any ideas?.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Than_Bogan
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,617 Mega Baller
    My wife is an excellent boat driver, which is a good thing as you can only get to our summer hoe by boat and consequently we have several of them. She will drive just about anyone anytime, but she prefers not to drive me in the course. On the other hand, my daughter is an excellent three event driver.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    chris_logan
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    Once my wife gets comfortable with the setup she is golden. She is a great driver. I won't complain at all!