Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIP KD3CR7

The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,385 Mega Baller
It saddens me to let you all know that KD3CR7 "KD" passed away today after a very good 14 year run.
KD was named after former dogs Kidder and Dutchess 1 & 2 and a top 5 ski of all time the CR7. So, Kidder Dutchess the 3rd & KD/D3 skis (KD3) (CR7).
You may not have met KD but you all have seen dogs just like her at every dock. Fishing, jumping off the dock, getting in the way when you put your stuff on and having a great time.
She is now at the greatest waterski mecca in the sky. Miss you girl.

Shut up and ski
ricoMrs_MSbogboyAndreHallpassToddL

Comments

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,385 Mega Baller
    Thanks Jack, Tiki is doing well and hopefully she gets the same mileage as Chester.
    Shut up and ski
    Mrs_MS
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Know the feeling....
    Joe Darwin
  • Mrs_MSMrs_MS Posts: 319 Crazy Baller
    MS named her :)
    I ski for fun, just the wife!
  • WishWish Posts: 7,893 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Very sorry for you loss. We all know how they become not just a companion or mans best friend but a part of the family woven into every aspect of our lives.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    The_MS[Deleted User]
    Thanks @Wish.
    Shut up and ski
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    Sorry to hear this. 14 years is a great run and now shes over the rainbow bridge as you say at the greatest water ski Mecca in the sky.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
    Mrs_MSThe_MS
  • 94009400 Posts: 617 Crazy Baller
    Sorry to hear this, we went through it in the spring.
    Mrs_MSThe_MS
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    @MS - so sorry to hear, Mark. Part of the family, I know.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    Mrs_MSThe_MS
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,014 Crazy Baller
    sad news. My thoughts are with you.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    Mrs_MS
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,318 Administrator
    Oooo that sucks. I love my cridders.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Mrs_MSThe_MScragginshred
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,013 Mega Baller
    Sorry to hear it. That's rough.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    Mrs_MSThe_MS
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,935 Infinite Pandas
    Condolences.
    How wonderful to have had 14 years with a beloved companion.
    Eric
    RichardDoaneMrs_MSThe_MS
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,243 Mega Baller
    sorry to hear about the loss of a man's best friend, and hopefully some unknowing dog at the shelter is just about to win the rescue dog lottery
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    Mrs_MSThe_MS
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,608 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    So painful but they are worth it.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    Mrs_MSThe_MSBulldog
  • dbskidbski Posts: 284 Crazy Baller
    Sorry for your loss. Being a long time dog guy I've been through this too many times, never gets easy. It's even harder because as I type this my 11 year old lab is curled up at my feet dreaming of chasing ducks and my 7 year old is giving me the look that it is time for the morning walk!
    Rick Bohn
    Goose
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a great companion. Looks like you all had a lot of good years together!
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    Sorry to hear @MS! Always a sad day loosing a man's best friend!!
    Thanks everyone, it always feels good to have everyone pick you up.
    Shut up and ski
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Visits to TLE Pine Island will never be the same. Safe journey KD!
    Jim Ross
    The_MS
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    @ms, sorry for your loss. Kd looked like a real sweet, fun loving dog, and you gave her a great happy life and home on the water. Dogs are part of the family, and very much like little people.
    The_MS
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 239 Solid Baller
    Sorry for you loss @MS. I hope it makes you feel better knowing that she had a great long life.
    Matt
    The_MS
  • Mrs_MSMrs_MS Posts: 319 Crazy Baller
    We still have our Tiki to love. Still going strong at 14yrs. We are lucky.
    I ski for fun, just the wife!
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,432 Crazy Baller
    That dog landed in clover when she found your home!
    The_MS
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sad news! It rips your heart out when it finally happens! you know it's coming but it doesn't make it any easier! I had a giant schnauzer that lasted 17 years and the day he left us was the saddest day of my life!
    @Steven Haines 17 is a very good run. Thanks
    Shut up and ski
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ya, still miss him!
    The_MS
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,253 Mega Baller
    Sorry for your loss Mr and Mrs MS.
    You gave that dog the best possible life full of love and playtime.You're great dog owners!!!

I rescue older Labs and lost 4 of them in the last 6 years.I cry like a baby everytime...
    They're all buried 25 feet from the dock facing the lake they enjoyed so much.

If you decide to get another one,please consider rescuing a senior dog that needs a loving family like yours.It's a great feeling to give an older dog a second chance!

R.I.P. KD.
    The_MSjipster43
    Awesome job Andre, you are very tough mentally to take that on and my hat is off to you. We need to ride out ride with Nautique a few more years and then figure it out.
    It is great to see all the dog lovers here on BOS. It is awesome when @Ham, @Richarddoane and others post there hound pics.
    Shut up and ski
    RichardDoanecragginshred
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,014 Crazy Baller
    We had our Siberian Husky for 17 years... He died under a cherry tree in Osoyoos BC this past summer with us while we were on our annual family June lake Vacation. It was extremely hard.... but also beautiful as he chose a spot that means so much to my family. Dogs are way smarter than humans!
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    The_MScragginshred
  • OTFOTF Posts: 327 Crazy Baller
    @MS @Mrs_MS‌
    We were saddened to receive your text of the news. As neighbors and friends I will say that KD was a great dog. She followed @MS around TLE whenever he would allow or was otherwise found curled up with him on the sofa watching hockey. The girl loved to play fetch and hang out on the club dock with ma and pa.

R.I.P. KD, you will be missed
    Bulldogcragginshred