Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swim platform super slick!

gt2003gt2003 Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
Ok, I jumped off into boating this year by getting a 2007 Tahoe Q6. Yeah not a ski boat but it has served its purpose for a year. Here's my problem...one of them, the swim deck is fiberglass and slick as heck. There is no way I could stand on it and put on my ski without help. What are the best products out there to adhere to the fiberglass platform to make putting on my (and my gf's) ski a little easier? Thanks
2014 HO TX
1996 Malibu Echelon

Comments

• mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    ' best ' is a loaded word but seadeck is pretty popular and will probably meet your needs.
    http://www.seadek.com/
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 476 Crazy Baller
    I'm sure many will recommend Sea-Dek. It seems to be a really good product but my understanding is you'll have to make a template and send it to them. It is pretty expensive and from what I have read on the forums will take forever to ship because it is a custom product. When I replaced the pad on my swim platform I used hydroturf. Not as fancy as sea-dek but way cheaper and quicker. You can order a large sheet and cut it to fit.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,977 Infinite Pandas
    Surf wax? Just make sure to clean all the wax off before gluing anything.
    Like astroturf. The old school marine flooring material.
    Eric
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    Someone on here had truck bed liner sprayed on their's. It looked good.
    walleyegt2003
  • walleyewalleye Posts: 197 Baller
    6 years now with line-x sprayed on my teak deck, looks new and works great. I am replacing a coosa board covering the drive line, will be spraying it with line-x also. Cost 50 $ maint. free, long lasting.
    gt2003
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,396 Historical Baller
    That used to be a common problem on "Wallyboats" back 20+ years ago when I was doing boat
    tests for WaterSki Magazine. You'd think the companies would have gotten a clue by now.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,799 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Not cheap, but Seadeck already has a template for your boat
    http://www.seadek.com/p-212-tahoe-q6.aspx
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I'm really liking the Line-X idea. Sounds like a great spring project. Thank you all for the input!
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
  • NandoNando Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    Nautiqueparts.com has a product called Voltracell that is pretty similar and relatively cheap. I have no experience with it, but...