Underwater Water Skiing?

SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
While waiting for when your back, legs, and/or arms to heal/recover before you can ski again, here's an interesting option:
www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
WishBradyRazorRoss3oldjeepBulldog

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,615 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @SkiJay‌ i bought materials to copy this and give it a go. Just have not had the assembly time. Looks like a blast and a great way to see things. Just gotta make sure we stay clear of our float course on our little lake.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,196 Mega Baller
    Another Wiley E Coyote device with unsuspecting users plowing a trench in the bottom of the lake. Might make a pretty good anchor though - one use only!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • BradyBrady Posts: 1,057 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    @SkiJay why would I want that? That is exactly what happens when I say go---my fat ass sinks and I hang on to the rope!!!! Although I have not tried to spin around like that....maybe I will try that next time out!
    I ski, therefore I am
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,261 Mega Baller
    Looks a good way to bust knuckles on coral or rock.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines Posts: 1,003 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    we did that a hundred years ago! although it was a lot more crude! we did the same thing with it. we used 6 inch tongue and groove siding with dowels screwed in between them. like a biplane wing. we weren't able to do to spins like those guys but could go up and down in the water. it was a lot of fun!
    Wishbogboy
  • GregHindGregHind Posts: 312 Solid Baller
    We were doing that on discs on the weekend. Stupid to do it without a buoyancy vest. You can go very deep. It takes forever to come up if the boat stops - and that is with a vest on.
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Wow, what a great way to find the anchors on my course.......... NOT!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,337 Mega Baller
    $150, that might actually be worth a try. You would need to find a place with no weeds, but it looks like it could be fun.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • skinutskinut Posts: 401 Baller
    Oh, so that's how wallys have been destroying my portable course. And I thought it was the tubers.
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 634 Crazy Baller
    Use to do that with an old skimmer. It was a 5 foot piece of plywood in the shape of a tombstone. With the rope tied to the front we would push the front under water and dive down, get back on the tail and ride it back up.
  • skirayskiray Posts: 173 Baller
    HA! Obviously not East Texas. Might as well stick my head in a bucket of chocolate milk. Nothing to see here...
    Ron Ray
  • ampacdanampacdan Posts: 40 Baller
    it would be cool - if you built it a bit bigger - and went fast enough to fly.