Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the barefoot butt slide

so I weigh 160 lbs and the max speed of my boat is about 32 or 34 mph. I know this isn't fast enough to barefoot but I was wondering if it would be fast enough to do a butt slide? I'm thinking about getting a barefoot suit and trying to learn how to tumble turn. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Comments

• JordanJordan Posts: 1,201 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If you don't plow, you could barefoot at that speed. You can ride on your butt in the low 20's
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,149 Mega Baller
    buy a pair of shoe skis or make them. Very easy to do butt slide starts and tumbles with your boat and shoe skis. We've got 2 pair. Kids love them too. It gets them into footin without the really fast toe diggers!
    WishSkoot1123
  • AndyAndy Posts: 213 Baller
    I agree with @jordan & liquid. You can ski at that speed easy. Shoe skis even easier. I slide and ride the foot skis with my BFN at 28mph (it'll go way faster).
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,243 Mega Baller
    @matt_m and don't forget the video camera
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    @Matt_M‌ You could certainly tumble at lower speeds, it's planting your feet that may be a problem if the boat doesn't have enough power. Sneakers might give you enough extra lift to keep you going without dragging the boat speed down too much. Try starting off of a kneeboard, wakeskate, or innertube.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • SpuddySpuddy Posts: 141 Baller
    I had a friend who used to use old running shoes. He was behind an old I/O that would top out at about 35 mph but when you planted it would almost stop. The shoes did help him. He was about 170-175 lbs.