Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bimini top suggestions

pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 212 Solid Baller
We have a 1997 MB Sports Boss 190 for which I'd like to order a bimini top over the winter. Any suggestions as to the best place to order from or best style/model to get? Bonus points if it ships from Canada (although not a requirement).

Thanks!
Patrick Moore

Comments

• jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,099 Mega Baller
    I believe these guys are what used to be GMI tops. I've bought multiple GMI biminis and been very happy with them. And they are in Canada.

http://catalogue.anp.ca/products/1-Bimini_tops/
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2014
    I was looking for a bimini that went OVER my wakeboard tower so I wouldn't sacrifice any standing room in the boat. I went with the super shadow bimini from Big Air. Love it so far.

www.wakeessentials.com/product-p/bab005.htm
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
    Dano
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 975 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Tower Bimini.
  • bbirlewbbirlew Posts: 180 Baller
    +1 for tower biminis.
    They were highly recommended from one of the wake sites, and delivered it up to canada for me with no hassles.
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 212 Solid Baller
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Just to clarify, no tower on this boat, so I think the products from Tower Bimini and wakeessentials.com are out, unfortunately.
    Patrick Moore
    NO, Tower Bimini makes regular Bimini tops. That is a Tower Bimini on my boat. I've had Tower Biminis on all my boats since 2010. That's 6 Bimini tops.
    pgmoore
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 212 Solid Baller
    @skierjp‌ - thanks for the info. You are absolutely right! I guess I just didn't get quite deep enough into their website. Will definitely give them a call.
    Patrick Moore
  • rodeconrodecon Posts: 233 Baller
    @pgmoore, I am in the market for a bimini top and tower biminis look sweet, do you have straps front and rear, strap front only, or all rigid pipe style? which do you recommend and why? This is a christmas gift for my wife!
    oops, I just re read the thread, that question should have been directed at @skierjp
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    I have 99 Malibu Response LX. I bought a used Bimini off of ski-it-again that was for a 2013 prostar 197. The guy put a tower on it so be couldn't use the the original Bimini anymore. When I started looking at the cost vs quality on new tops it seemed like a good way to go. I paid $300 for the top. $119 to have it shipped by truck. I had to buy 4 clip in mounts for the stays $125. The quality of the tops I saw at that price range just looked cheap to me. This has no straps, stays are metal. All hardware is stainless steel. It also came with a ststorage cover.
    Stanchion arms front and rear
    Thank you @skierjp that is the direction I was leaning......what happens to the front arms when it is stored/ folded to the rear? do they have clips to store them or do they just flop loose?
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 634 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 2015

I have had Tower Bimini tops on my last 6 200's and highly recommend them. They offer aluminum frames and stainless. The stainless costs a little more and is also a little heavier (ugh, don't like weight), but very sturdy. They will make with straps or rods, and quick releases, which I also prefer. They even have a few of my 200's on their website:) The attached photo shows their tops on promo's I had in 2014 and 2013.
    Wish
    Wow, @skiinxs, very nice looking biminis! OK you guys talked me into it, 4 rods it is!!! (no straps)
    The tops come with clips to stow the arms against the main arms. These tops only fold forward. They make 2 heights, one that is low that is for closed bows and a higher one for open bows. Most Nautique owners here in Florida pick the lower one. See my pic. I also get the stainless and have the stanchion arms made solid and 14" long. This is my 7th top.
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 634 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I am in the process of ordering the top for my 2016 and just found out that TowerBiminis has a new model that does not have rear bars. It has the spreader bar instead similiar to the newer MasterCraft tops.