Notice to Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac users. If you have log in issues this message is for you.

HortonHorton Posts: 26,785 Administrator
edited January 2015 in Site Info & Instructions
I have had an open support ticket open with the folks at Vanilla Forum for almost a month now. Vanilla Forum remains the best forum software I know of to manage this community so I am sticking with them unless they really can’t fix this. I spoke to a support person today. I have been assured that we will solve the log in issues.

Until the issue can be isolated please try using Google Chrome as your browser instead of Apple Safari. For many users this is the solution.

If you have a Gmail account or OpenID Account you may find that you can sign with those accounts in but this is for tech savvy users only. (see the buttons in the right hand column)

If you have a Facebook account you can use it to log in but it will change your user name to your real name from Facebook. (see the buttons in the right hand column)

If you have a Twitter account you can use it to log in. You can choose (keep) your use name but you may need a different email address than you originally used to create your account. (see the buttons in the right hand column)

If you try to use any of these log in methods and think you have screwed up everything just send me an email. 99% of the time I can fix it. [email protected]

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MattPBulldogcragginshredchris_logan

Comments

• klindyklindy Posts: 2,199 Mega Baller
    @Horton‌ did you make a change today which may affect Apple users? Now I have to type in my user name and password whereas it let me "auto fill" before. This is on my iPhone and started mid afternoon today.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,970 Mega Baller
    My Mac and iPhone prompted me to do the same today.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,785 Administrator
    Working on the BIG FIX. So yes changes

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• SMSM Posts: 527 Crazy Baller
    Something changed. I haven't been able to log in for a long time and now I can. Thanks.
    Time spent on the water is time well spent.
    Yeah!!!

Likewise. I'm able to log in with my iPad for the first time ever. Now make it persistent and its golden!! Thanks for the hard work and congrats on the progress!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • raynrayn Posts: 376 Baller
    Didn't have problems before logging in. And now still all good on iPhone iPad MacBook Air.
    Ray Newmark -
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,424 Mega Baller
    Hey, I just logged on with my IPhone. First time ever! And no hasles, issues, etc. Good work. @ mattp must have been in charge of the project!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    MattP
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,424 Mega Baller
    Again a seamless log in, this time via IPad.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    I think this thing is solved. If not let me know.

In the past at least my iPhone remembered my login and password. It's in the "saved" login list under settings. The "keep me logged in" check box is checked. However I need to log in everytime I visit the site. Any ideas how to at least use the saved log in info?

Since I access the site mostly with my iPhone this is actually less desirable than before.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    @klindy‌ please clear your cache and restart your phone. Log back in and then =>tell me if on subsequent visits your username and password stick

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,970 Mega Baller
    @klindy‌ when you do what @Horton said above make sure you click the check box to "Keep me signed in" then you will be prompted by your iPhone to save your password "Update Only This Website"
    If that does not work let us know.
    Horton
    Ok as long as I don't close safari I stay logged in. However before the "auto fil" worked as advertised but not now.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 601 Crazy Baller
    bump... can't login using Safari on a MAC, seems like the login window/box is trying to open but never does. This started last evening. I rebooted MAC and issue continued. Chrome works fine.
    Lars
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,561 Crazy Baller
    I had this problem yesterday with FireFox.

Also, on iPhone the “Home” button at the bottom of each discussion is gone.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    Without a home button we will probably see the rate of fat finger dislikes go up.
    Home button missing too on Safari
    Intheday
    Sure do miss that Home button.
    At least the login issue seems to be fixed.
    Hey guys I need screen shots to even start looking at this stuff. PLEASE EMAIL them to to me. [email protected]

Done.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 278 Baller
    no issues here via mac or iphone 7s. still cheddar
  • InthedayIntheday Posts: 131 Baller
    @Horton I used to get no home button on the post only high end skiers could post on now it’s on all posts

It was the home button near the “ you can use Simple HTML in your post”

Hope that helps
    edited April 2018
    yea guys I don't even remember putting that "Home" link in there but when I changed tools for Mobile it seems to have gone away. I am not sure I can put it back for mobile but will try next week.

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,301 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2018
    Never ever had a problem logging in with Safari on iPad. Wonder why some do, some don't? I miss the "Home" button. On a long thread I have to scroll back to the top to select another thread. Well, I can use the back button on my browser but it's much slower that way.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Bill22
    The HOME button is missing when I use Chrome also.
    DaveD
    yes yes yes the home button will be back in a few days. There is a software conflict or some programmer BS and they are working on it.

• DragoDrago Posts: 1,418 Mega Baller
    Have you surrendered to Long Links? Asking for a friend
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)