Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO V-Type

jayskijayski Posts: 801 Mega Baller
edited January 2015 in Skis Fins Bindings
If you have the opportunity to try one it will well be worth the time...ski is going to be a hot commodity

Comments

• JASJAS Posts: 251 Solid Baller
    edited January 2015
    Any comments, 34 or 36? Comparison to S2?, sizing?
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited January 2015
    @jayski is too modest to say. But he skis mostly at 34 (some practice at 36). He also ran [email protected] on HO's new bad boy the week he got it and in cold water. Hmmmmm . . . .
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    schaferbogboy
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 849 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2015
    jayski would you share what size ski and settings?
  • MurrskiMurrski Posts: 176 Baller
    Come on guys the suspense is killing me. Any tidbits to share @Detrick‌ @MathewBrown @MarcusBrown, others? All the early hype and then...
  • jayskijayski Posts: 801 Mega Baller
    @‌Deanoski

67" ( I avg between 165-170lbs)
    Boots 29.5"
    Length - 6.86
    Depth - 2.503
    DFT - .701
    Wing 9 deg

Disclaimer - these work for me, highly doubt they will work for the masses, as stated a million times on this forum fin settings are subjective, factory settings are a baseline and they work fine but these are migrating towards what will work for me...also I have only about 8 sets on the ski so I am not finalized with the setting yet, unfortunately I am back where the water is solid so I have a month yet before I am south again and can fiddle some more, but I do know I will be going further back with the fin, and probably a little less tip...with these settings it does not like to turn @28 at all, honestly its a struggle, my concern is not there, 38 and beyond is my concern. A fin forward towards stock will definitely aid in longer passes to resolve it's lack of willingness to turn with the above settings
  • ski6ski6 Posts: 52 Baller
    edited February 2015
    Any other ballers care to share the settings they are running on their V-Types?

I was on the A3(2013 one) and switched to the V-Type. Done 11 sets on it. Right off the dock, I ran same scores as my A3 however I do feel I can go further with this ski. I am interested to know what other's are finding of the ski and settings they are running?

I am running the following settings:
    66"
    Boots: 29
    Length - 6.9
    Depth - 2.495
    DT - 0.750”
    Wing: 8 degrees
    Follow me - Youtube:skitrav | Instagram: skitrav | Twitter: skitrav | Facebook: Travis Fisher | Snapchat: skitrav - Weekly GoPro Tips, Mounts, Reviews and Videos! HO Ski's All the way!
    savaiusiniwtrskior