Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Malibu LXR?

kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
Looks tiny, old school.

KStateSkier
Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
jayskiBulldogJJVDMZNozskithagerjcampski6jonesThan_BoganDacon62I5boibishop8950andjules

Comments

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,031 Crazy Baller
    Looks amazing! Cant wait to see how it really is...
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • WishWish Posts: 8,092 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    It's little. Like the Sportster. Maybe the boat manufactures do read BOS.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    kstateskierJohnCox
  • bdoughertybdougherty Posts: 86 Baller
    Trying to find specs, have a cottage on small private lake with a rule that boats must measure at or under 20ft and also have a published manufacturers specs at 20ft or below. Right now only options are Nautique and Mastercraft would love to have another option.

Regardless if it improved on the LX it should be a player. Already like the walk thru bow.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,712 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Trunk, yuk. Love the rest of it.
    Shut up and ski
    Andy
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 290 Baller
    LX hull with some LXi/TXi bells and whistles.
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,416 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nice! If it's "affordable" these will sell well.
    Scott Calderwood
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,983 Mega Baller
    @MS‌ Beats sliding down the bubble butt design to the platform. I don't mind a padded trunk as I like to sit as I put my ski in my boat at my lake. At least skis will fit in that one!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,406 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Walk thru open bow LX...weren't these being sold in Australia? Cool concept if the driver erg's improve such that not seated on the floor looking through the small vertical space between dash and windshield frame. Would also like to see a rear facing seat extension across the walk through open bow option.
    Great boat, all new would seem to be a stretch.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    m_pagsandjules
  • StejcraftbenStejcraftben Posts: 58 Baller
    We have had these in Australia for a few years now. As previously said it's basically just an lx with walk through bow. Nice boat only thing I don't like is the observers seat is really short and with 3 in the boat it's a tight fit. You can get a dickie seat that slids in next to it but it blocks off the walk through.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,200 Mega Baller
    edited January 2015
    A reincarnation of the Echelon. 20' L x 90" beam, 2,500 lbs
    @6balls‌ ...amen @MS... Amen @thager ....BB ROCK!!
    The_MS
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 783 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2015
    Love the trunk...on a public lake so sometimes you have to sit and wait, after you have put your ski on, for the 'inconsiderate' lake users to get out of the way. This is the old Response LX SV23 hull with a walk through rather than a step over. I like it...proven hull, all the necessary items without all the fluff. Won't be trading in my TXi anytime soon but awesome anyways.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,725 Mega Baller
    90" beam!!? Booyah! That's a whole inch to spare!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    andjules
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,594 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Hmm, someone over at Malibu get concerned that gekko was back?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Monkstr6100
    @oldjeep‌ hmmm why is that?
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 783 Crazy Baller
    They say it is a cross over of the LX and the TXi...did they alter the running surface of the LX to closer match the TXi or is it just the walk through that makes it similar to the TXi?
    @wish seems to be the only thing in that size. Be curious to see if it is priced to be competitive with the little gekko
    Chuck P
  • dtm8119dtm8119 Posts: 174 Baller
    Wonder what the base MSRP price difference is between the LXR and TXI! Sweet boat!
    Dan Cloutier
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,242 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

Length
    20'
    Beam
    90"

Draft
    22"
    Seating
    8 persons

Weight Cap
    1128 lbs.
    Weight
    2500 lbs.

Fuel Cap
    33 gallons
    Std HP

Max HP
    Hull Type
    Diamond
    bdoughertyWish
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,038 Mega Baller
    @6balls‌ the drivers position on the LX was better than the LXI or early TXI. I have an 02 LX and the drivers position Is good.

I think it looks good and would be an option for our lake.
    Mark Shaffer
    I wonder if they will try to get this one certified for competition use? Any way to still do that for this year, or would they have to wait until 2016?
    Chuck P
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,960 Mega Baller
    @dtm8119, I seem to recall the original LX in 2010 (they were still making them then) was in the low 40s MSRP. If they get/keep it close to that and maybe even sell some sub-40, I think it will move. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. They are still reaping the benefits of 15 year old tooling and design - and a really good one at that.

The other question I have is if it has the catalytic converter on it. I'd really prefer not to have it, as is the case for me now.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    If Gekko can sell a GTS20 for 34K on the trailer I would hope that Malibu can get somewhere near that.
    Chuck P
    MISkierBulldog
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,117
    edited January 2015
    @oldjeep Malibu really never stopped selling this hull. The molds were owned by the Malibu licensee in Australia and with Malibu's purchase of that licensee last year, they reacquired the tooling. They're just marketing it in the US now.

@MISkier It would HAVE to have cats on it. There's no getting around that in the US. All boats produced after 9/1/2010 have to include engines that meet the new EPA standards.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

If it's around the price of a GTS20, I need to test drive one.
    Scott Calderwood
    @ShaneH - yeah I know, one of the local guys has an LX. Just seemed to me that one of the reasons to more publicly bring it back and fix the silly bathtub bow would be to try to compete with the "new" budget boat on the market - not like gekko really ever stopped selling the GTS20 either.
    Chuck P
    edited January 2015
    Prediction; GTS20 is a very very budget minded boat. Bu cannot make this LXR for that. The difference in the windshield alone is substantial. Start ticking off all the other creature comfort differences and the price gap widens. Less then a TXI for sure and possibly the CP (doubt that) but no where near Gekko. Guessing mid 40s and up.
    I would guess around the 22' Gekko price?
    Scott Calderwood
    BMG73
    I know this probably won't be spot on, but the Australian MSRP on the LXR is $65k, which translates to $52.5k US. Work a good deal, and you could be looking at $40k plus tax?
    Scott Calderwood
    @Wish Mid 40's and up seems like it would be a tough place to be. You can buy 2012 TXi's for 40K, Heck there is a 2014 for sale with 45 hours on it for 49K.
    Chuck P