A1 and carbon fin

AliAli Posts: 162 Baller
edited September 2009 in Technique & Theory
Trying a 66.25 A1 on stock settings but thinking of trying my carbon fin from my monza. Anyone tried a carbon fin on the A1? How did it go?

Cheers
Ali

Comments

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    I was happy with my stock fin on my first A1 and di dnot try it. My latest A1 was a dog and for the last 2 weeks I ran the 106 CBR and it was the same dog with the 106. I did not feel any differance with it. It lit up my Monza and it was a big differance.   
  • skiron07skiron07 Posts: 83 Baller
    <p>
    yep-
    </p>
    <p>
    nicked my factory stock fin and the only spare I had was a 105 redim (I think) left over from my monza (which didn't need it)-  dropped it in my A1 and it seems to have somewhat softened it's onside turn
    </p>
    <p>
    try it
    </p>
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,168 Administrator
    I ran a 106 in an A1 for a month last year. I think it was better then stock and I do not sell the darn things anymore. A 105 is a pretty soft flex for most adult male skiers.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• AliAli Posts: 162 Baller
    Is the 106 what you would have sent me for my monza? Think it is worth a try after only 4 sets?

Cheers Ali
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,168 Administrator
    yes and yea

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• AliAli Posts: 162 Baller
    Yes and yea was good advice, missed my first pass at 16m but found a similar feeling that I had on my monza, in both turns. So it is staying on for the moment and the credit card will be taking a hit as well.

Cheers Ali
  • skiron07skiron07 Posts: 83 Baller
    <p>
    my A-1 has flex numbers that are about 5% stiffer than optimum (fwiw) so the 105 still felt okay but a 106 probably would be better
    </p>
    <p>
    it did feel pretty sweet when the water turned warm a few weeks ago- the 32's starting coming better
    </p>
    <p>
    now of course the water has cooled off considerably as have my sets
    </p>
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,890 Mega Baller
    I am concerned about a similar issue when the water cools down on my A1.  I was skiing well on it with the water in the low 80s.  I have been gone for over a week and we had 3 days of cold rain.  We will see how tomorrow goes I expect water will be 10* colder.  I may try my slot fin in it.
    Mark Shaffer
  • tjmtjm Posts: 327 Baller
    Yup,  water cooling down here,  82F to 69F.   Consistency is starting to unravel.   Does anyone have cold water settings for an A1?   The water will soon be a lot colder than it is.  Intellectually I know performance goes down with the temp,  but emotionally it is still hard to accept.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file