Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast Slalom Visual Training Video

HortonHorton Posts: 27,896 Administrator
edited September 2009 in Technique & Theory
<p>
<font color="#000000">I posted the details of Terry Winters new “West Coast Slalom Visual Training Video” on the main site tonight. <a href="http://ballofspray.com/gear-reviews/233-brand-new-west-coast-slalom-visual-training-video">http://ballofspray.com/gear-reviews/233-brand-new-west-coast-slalom-visual-training-video</a></font>
</p>
<p>
<strong>Please read the full text from the link above before you comment - This DVD is not the normal Water Ski Video</strong>
</p>
<p>
<font color="#000000">The most important thing in the article is what the DVD is and IS Not – the producer and Terry’s text below.</font>
</p>
<p>
<em><font color="#0000ff"><strong>What this IS:</strong>

• A very simple but extremely effective TOOL for using your own body’s neuromuscular mechanism to improve or refine your slalom technique. </font></em><em><font color="#0000ff">

• A right brain based process for teaching the skill of visualizing and FEELING the movement pattern being modeled.</font></em>
</p>
<p>
<em><font color="#0000ff"><strong>What this is NOT:</strong>

• A detailed analytical evaluation or study of technique or parts of technique (this was covered quite well in the West Coast Slalom Advanced DVD).

• An entertainment film.

• A left brain based cognitive analysis of movement.</font></em>
</p>
<p>
<font color="#000000">What do I think?

Do I think the theory is valid? Heck YEA! I do think that if you are looking for someone to TELL you exactly what to do (like your wife does) you will find it to be a waste of time. It is NOT coaching. </font>
</p>
<p>
<font color="#000000">If you are open minded to sports psychology, you will find it to be a very insightful and powerful training tool. </font><font color="#000000">I really like it but am sure the Neanderthal among you will not get it. I mean no offence to Dave Smart, Joe Darwin, Ward McLain and the GIECO guys.  </font>
</p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• DirtDirt Posts: 1,594 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    None taken Horton. You go to bed. It is past 2300 (11:00PM) I will stay awake and keep you safe from the boogey man. For the record my knees don't even bend that far.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton