Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Used ski for 22-32’ @ 34mph? Advice Sought

vtjcvtjc Posts: 257 Baller
edited April 2015 in News & Other Stuff
I am looking for advice on what used ski to seek out. Last season I damaged the bottom of my 67” D3 Z7, falling off the platform, which I liked. I am an avid course skier on small public lake in Vermont. I am 5’11” 205lbs(hoping to get under 200 for summer), I have skied into 32’ off at 34mph, but spend most of my time at 22’-28’ off at 34mph. Some skis I am considering are a 66” Goode N1 RFF, Radar Lithium or Senate 67”or 68”, D3 Fusion 67” or 68”? I would be paring this ski with my Radar Strada bindings. Any advice or experience will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,698 Mega Baller
    Connelly will be releasing its new GT in the next couple of weeks, meaning that there will probably be a number of "like new" Prophecies available. The Prophecy is a deep riding, forgiving ski that works particularly well in the cooler northern water.

Of the skis you are considering, the only one I have owned is the Nano One. Frankly, I hated it. I'm unfamiliar with the Fusion, but if you can find a Helix, you should give it a try as well.

You probably want a 68". I am not sure whether the hole pattern on your bindings will line up with a Connelly, but a call to Connelly will answer that question in a snap.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • bassfooterbassfooter Posts: 159 Baller
    @vtjc - I'm right about where you are ability-wise, and I just went from a 2011 68" D3 X7 to a 2015 67" Lithium Vapor without skipping beat. I am skiing better than ever after only 7 or 8 sets. My -22 and -28 passes at 34 are relaxed with tons of time and space before the ball, and I can feel my -32 attempts getting more relaxed and consistent. Those passes used to be a lot more work. I also went from 210 lbs down to 188 since October, which is why I went with the shorter Vapor. I also kept my binding set-up. People love those Vapors (and Senates and Stradas), and now I know why. @Horton has a great review of last year's Vapor here on BOS, and my understanding is that nothing has changed except the color scheme.

Your mileage may vary, but I would at least try one out.
  • MarkTimmMarkTimm Posts: 110 Baller
    @vtjc if you liked the Z7, the helix will be a nice upgrade. With the release of the H2 there should be plenty deals on last years Helix.
    Mark Timm
  • skihardskihard Posts: 560 Crazy Baller
    Have to agree with @bassfooter I am currently demoing 2 Radar skis; Graphite Vapor and Lithium Vapor.
    You're a better skier than I am but I have skied the Graphite Vapor a few times into 28 and liked it.
    Yesterday I tossed my Strata bindings with sequence plate on the Lithium and ran straight into 28 like it was something I do everyday without any effort.
    Think I will be spending some money in the next couple days.
    However it will be money WELL SPENT! :)
    Life's about working hard and then having fun on the water!
    I am - are you?
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
    Love my 2014 Radar Lithium Vapor. I'm a bit heavy right now at 194 (normally 180), but my 67" Vapor still supports me really well. I'm riding it into 32 off.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    MattL
  • vtjcvtjc Posts: 257 Baller
    Thanks for the replies and advice. I got a recommendation from Chris Rossi to try a 67” Vapor Lithium. I make look for one of those. Still about 2’ of ice on the lake, but it has started to melt.
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,845 Mega Baller
    I love my 67" Green Lithium Pickle!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • schaferschafer Posts: 313 Solid Baller
    I love my green Lambo as well. But I've been addicted to the radar koolaid for awhile too.
    Quest for the Purple Loop