Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It only took 900 horse power.

WishWish Posts: 7,982 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited April 2015 in News & Other Stuff
That's a pending world record by the way. 48 feet and 240 toes skimming across the water

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,496 Mega Baller
    Funny how many triple 300's I saw today in ft myers today.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,327 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I wanna b part of next record attempt. We put up 6 behind @Razorskier1 boat. Tried 8 n stripped the center spline of the prop on hole shot. Old centurion with 225 Yamaha
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,317 Mega Baller
    The hardest part was finding footers with 20 toes each!
    ;)
    RazorRoss3
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,989 Mega Baller
    That is a lot of toes. We bent a pylon when I was about 14 trying to do 7 off the beach for 1 ski beach starts. I was just glad it wasn't me screwing around with our boat my Dad would have killed me.
    Mark Shaffer
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,698 Mega Baller
    More action tomorrow at Lucky Lowe's Ski School in Lake Alfred. 42 foot wide jump ramp. Going for most skiers over at one time, most front flips, most back flips, most helicopters and then most number of wake boarders. I've been watching these show skiers practice all week. Lots of folks here from Wisconsin. The action starts at 7:30. Don't miss it!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    E_T
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,426 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2015
    "48 feet and 480 toes skimming across the water"

@Wish - wow, no wonder they can all barefoot. They must have huge feet with 10 toes on each foot.

Edit: Just read Andre's post. He beat me to it...
  • WishWish Posts: 7,982 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Cannot multi task very well..... or add apparently.. ooops.. :-)
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,348 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I wonder how many feet of rope they're using? The wake really widens out back there.

900 HP, wow! Those Evinrudes looks cool too. I haven't paid attention to outboard motors in ages. Apparently they've come a long way. I just remember our old 65hp Evinrude that started 75% of the time, and never on the first turn of the key.
    Scott Calderwood
  • lhooverlhoover Posts: 196 Solid Baller
    A "clip-on" ignorant question, please. If 2 outboards require opposite turning props, what must an odd number of props turn to satisfy torque and cavitation problems?
    edited April 2015
    @lhoover The outers are counter rotating and the middle has a longer shaft and is standard rotation. (At least on the boats that we were looking at last week in Ft Meyers)
    Chuck P
  • lhooverlhoover Posts: 196 Solid Baller
    @oldjeep, no comprende "standard rotation". It has to be spinning the same way as one of its brothers so how do they determine which way that is? Plus, the torque and cavitation problems, as mentioned.
    Standard rotation = counter clockwise. And yes the center engine would spin the same direction as the left side engine. I think the additional depth of the center engine has to do with distance below hull, not anything to do with cavitation.

Looking at the boat from the rear
    When you have 1 outboard it spins CCW (Have torque issues here?)
    When you have 2 you get one CCW and one CW rotation
    3 - CCW, CCW, CW
    4 - CCW,CCW,CW,CW

Chuck P
  • SpuddySpuddy Posts: 149 Baller
    This is just a guess but I think if they have three mounted on the back typically the one in the middle mounted lower.
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,212 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The two outer engines counter rotate sort of cancelling each other out. The one in the middle becomes no different than when you have a single engine outboard.