Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April swerve

LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
edited April 2015 in News & Other Stuff
Hopefully other got out to for first runs up north.
Water temp 45 Air temp 55
First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
thagerDmaxJC_skismalorBulldogRichardDoaneCaleBurdick

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,496 Mega Baller
    edited April 2015
    Got a couple runs in yesterday in ft Meyers. Pic of the lake and boat, not me skiing.

Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Wish
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,785 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep, where is that lake in Ft. Myers?
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,496 Mega Baller
    edited April 2015
    Private lake near tamiani and alico. My father in law lives there in the winter. Has 2 courses on it.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller

Free skiing with a new camaro, and vest that the Easter bunny brought me today. This camaro suit is fantastic!
    RichardDoaneKeith Menard
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    Hoping to get out next weekend for the first time this season.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,845 Mega Baller
    Got out yesterday for first of the season here with @MS .
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    The_MS
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,013 Mega Baller
    Did 13 sets at Bennetts last week. As usual it was incredible. Mid 80's and sun daily. As good of coaching as I've ever had anywhere. 3 squares a day, can't complain. Already ran deep -28 passes, falling over early and wide at 6 ball on one. Hoping this year is pretty pivotal.

• jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,013 Mega Baller
    @OB Dane is a killer skier. One of the best pullouts and gates I've every seen. Extremely light on the line and efficient. Had the pleasure of seeing him ski from the boat in a practice set last fall at Bennetts.
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 367 Crazy Baller
    OB, I was at Corey's yesterday and back tomorrow morning. Awesome conditions. Let me know if you will be around.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,989 Mega Baller
    The ice is almost gone. I hope to ski before the end of the month.
    Mark Shaffer
    MISkierKeith MenardShakeskijcamp
  • adkh2oskieradkh2oskier Posts: 158 Baller
    Only motorized sounds I'm hearing on my lake are ATV's and ice augers, calling for 1-3"s of new snow tonight, definitely a late start this year.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,586 Mega Baller
    @adkh2oskier wow that sucks. I'm in the same boat with @Chef23 , sometimes literally. Really hoping for first ski before 4/20.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Keith MenardShakeski
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 192 Baller
    Im with @Chef23 and @Than_Bogan, actually down the road form them. I am hoping to get the boat out of storage soon. If you guys need a 3rd to free ski for the first run of the year let me know.
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 603 Crazy Baller
    and I think I am down the road as well...heading up to the mountain for a last ski/board this weekend. Great winter season...but I am getting the itch!
    @Keith Menard where, southeast MA?
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2015

Crashman is finally on it. First time in 5 yrs I wasn't in the water by April 1.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,901 Mega Baller
    Yea Buddy!!! Skied three different sites in a week. The gator hole (PC), MCCormicks and SRB!!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 119 Baller
    Got out for the first swerve of 2015!!! Fox River, Northern Illinois. 55 degree water, 60 degree air. Awesome!!!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,586 Mega Baller
    I will be pushing ice out of the way to install my dock tomorrow. Only time it can fit my schedule.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • schaferschafer Posts: 313 Solid Baller
    Temps are rising in alberta. Hope to have the ice melt this week.
    Quest for the Purple Loop
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,098 Mega Baller
    Finally got on the water today! water 48, air 63. The season begins! We still have to get the balls in... maybe Wednesday. There was of course celebratory beer. Samuel Adams New World in the Chimay glasses that stay at the lake... a Belgian Tripel style ale.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Keith Menard
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    Finally got out with my brother on Aurora Lake. Lake Latonka is still down.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,094 Mega Baller
    Skied for the first time in over 6 months Friday at Jeff Rodgers then in a tournament yesterday. Good times and it was great to finally be back on the water!

@slvrbulit Blackstone Valley.
    @Keith Menard Awesome, not far from me. Have you skied on Wallum Lake?
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,989 Mega Baller
    @slvrbulit and @Keith Menard you guys should come out to one of the tournaments in Oakham. They are June 20-21 and July 11 & 12. Slalom is usually on Sunday and Trick & Jump is on Saturday. There is a great group of people and a way to meet other skiers. There is a wide range of skier ability and a fun division that will guarantee a couple of passes.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_BoganPat M
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    Starting my training today at Jack's.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
    MattP
    I ski Wallum a lot actually. My boat is kind of hard to miss :) The people on the lake are pretty divided between THAT THING IS AWESOME...and I WANT TO THROW ROCKS AT YOU!.

I am also part of a ski club in Webster. Wallum doesn't have a course, and Websters looks more like an obstacle course than a straight line :(

I joined INT last season and did my first tourny...I suck :)