Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Carbon Pro Value

I5boiI5boi Posts: 152 Baller
Lots of good conversations during the past year regarding the big 3 boats pros/cons/price.

A quick summary is that a CP may not be as good in every category but close or equal in many. So my question is; do you think the following link to a 14 CP is good or highly over valued at 60K!! http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Promo_Boat&postid=28993

Discuss.

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,149 Mega Baller
    over-priced
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 415 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2015
    It wouldn't interest me considering there are currently at least 5 2014 CPs to be had for <45k on SIA. Heck, one is under 40k.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,424 Mega Baller
    edited April 2015
    It is nice to have dreams. For low 40's to 50's you could get a 1 year old TXI
    With prices like this it must be hard to sell a CP for even low - mid 40's
    http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Promo_Boat&postid=31156
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 169 Baller
    It is a byers market. The TXI above needs a home. Listed waaay below what I have in it...It is still in my driveway under cover.

Jeff Lindsey
    512-557-9258

kstateskier
    @Moskier3ev - beautiful boat, good luck.
    Chuck P
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,741 Administrator
    That seller is looking for profit. That is way above the market price for a promo Centurion. You can have my 2015 with 75 hours for way less than that

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

RichardDoane
  • I5boiI5boi Posts: 152 Baller
    So most BOS members know the value ($$) of modern tow boats without ever having to think about it or before needing to reference a source. My post was somewhat rhetorical. If I was @horton or Paul at Centurion, I'd be disappointed in the seller. He does not represent the brand well and doesn't help grow the sport (looking for a quick profit vs. getting new people to the water).

I called the seller last year to get a feel for where he stood and he was firm and not budging. It looks like he owns/runs or just works at the dealership. Either way; hopefully some sucker doesn't buy this thing.

@horton. I'm still thinking about your boat but I have a red one now (not a CP). Does anyone know what happened to the bling boat that was at ski sunset?
  • waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 142 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Thinking at dealer was INT boat ...different folks?

Hortonrawly
  • I5boiI5boi Posts: 152 Baller
    @horton. I guess you are running blue this year... Hopefully you have plenty of wax. Let's chat. @waterskigirl I don't understand your question/statement?
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,345 Crazy Baller
    Yeah, that boat is any overpriced. The ad says "negotiable" but you said the seller is firm. Gonna sit on that one for a while I guess.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Isn't he above market price for a brand new Centurion?
    Chuck P
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,741 Administrator
    Look people that one ad is ridiculous. That is NOT what use Promo Centurions sell for. The seller is on Crack. My 2015 will sell for a LOT less. If you want a low hour blue & white 2015 let me know.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 142 Water Ski Industry Professional
    I believe that was an Int promo boa that is being resold by the dealer...
    Not sure those folks are as in touch with the slalom boat resale
    Horton
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Someone needs to buy @Moskier3ev TXI. That thing is a gem and a steal of a price. The Lindsey's take phenomenal care of their boats.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
    MISkier
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    @scotchipman thats the one. Snatch it up Scott
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 718 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I find it awfully tough to buy from a dealer who can't even spell "warranty" correctly. If he can't spell it correctly, how can he be expected to execute it correctly?
    MattPscotchipmanrockdog